You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Slash Working on Solo Album, Not Waiting on Velvet Revolver

Neemo wrote:

yeah he is who he is and he'll record something without thinking it through too much...spontaneous, raw ....its rock n roll

unless he gets a producer who will twiddle with it, it wont take slash long to record, its where Slash and Axl were good with each other, Axl forced slash to low down and Slash forced axl to hurry the fuck up 16

anyway guaranteed slash'll only do a few takes on each track at most

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I think he has some material left from the pre-VR sessions when he was working on a solo album of different styles of music. I recall him talking about African and Asian influences... that'd be pretty cool. To be honest I expect him to do something unusual and not the usual 'Slash rocks out' stuff.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Have you guys heard Hell Yeah by Rev Theory? I heard it the other day on the radio and before the guy started singing I thought it sounded a hell of alot like what a Gn'R song could be. In fact I was in the truck with my brother and he comented first that it sounded like Guns N' Roses. I  was actually leaning more towards VR. It definately sounded Slashesque either way. Kind of a cheesy cock rock song but kickass at the same time. And no it's not Slash playing on the song.   Check it out.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=crywKSFiWXY

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Bono wrote:

Have you guys heard Hell Yeah by Rev Theory? I heard it the other day on the radio and before the guy started singing I thought it sounded a hell of alot like what a Gn'R song could be. In fact I was in the truck with my brother and he comented first that it sounded like Guns N' Roses. I  was actually leaning more towards VR. It definately sounded Slashesque either way. Kind of a cheesy cock rock song but kickass at the same time. And no it's not Slash playing on the song.   Check it out.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=crywKSFiWXY

I see what you mean, the opening could easily be a VR song.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I read in Slash's book he spent a lot of time with Flamenco guitar players during GNR downtime.

I'd like to hear Slash play with a variety of singers and styles. I think it would make people see him as a multi dimensional player

Board footer