You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: ALL Artlicles About Leaks (Post in here)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

The top story on NME.com

Nine tracks from Guns N Roses' long-awaited 'Chinese Democracy' album have been leaked.

The songs, reportedly "mastered [and] finished", were leaked on a site yesterday (June 18), but have since been taken down.

Six of the tracks had been leaked in less completed states before, but three tracks have never been heard before, including 'Rhiad And The Bedouins' and 'If The World'.

Some of the songs feature the group's trademark guitar bombast, while others include piano, orchestrations and flamenco influences.

The leaked tracks are:

'Better'
'The Blues'
'Chinese Democracy'
'Madagascar'
'IRS'
'There Was A Time'
'Rhiad And The Bedouins'
'If The World'
'[Untitled]'

'Chinese Democracy' has been in the making since 1994, and has so far cost over $13 million to make.

Only Axl Rose remains from the band's original line-up.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

No article but they talked about it on the local radio here today for a good 3-4 minutes. Nothing positive. Alot of jokes about how long it's taking and pretty much trashed the new leaks, the most common thing which seemd to be said over and over again was "we waited that long for this" The one dj called for a reunion immediatley.  Hate to say it but that's  pretty much the reaction this thing is gonna get. That will be the overwhelming consensus especially from the general public I feel.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Well Bono I pretty much agree it can't be taken seriously even with an official release, but I no longer about new GN'R being big. I love the music and I just want more of it, regardless of what the media says. Most music critics and casual fans mock Blind Melon too, but it doesn't mean the music isn't amazing and worthy of praise greater than what it gets.

Bono wrote:

Hate to say it but that's  pretty much the reaction this thing is gonna get.

Well, the articles above say otherwise.

I think that it's pretty obvious that it'll get its fair share of crap from some at the same time that it'll shine at another place - exactly like with the previous leaks.

Bono

Bono wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:
Bono wrote:

Hate to say it but that's  pretty much the reaction this thing is gonna get.

Well, the articles above say otherwise.

I think that it's pretty obvious that it'll get its fair share of crap from some at the same time that it'll shine at another place - exactly like with the previous leaks.

from Rolling Stone keep in mind. And I only see one of those articles jumping for joy.  Everyone and their dog is gonna want an exclusive interview with Axl and alot of these big magazines won't risk pissing him off.  It's gonna be tough to gage what responses are legit. We're gonna get the ass kissers and we're of course gonna get the people who can't wait to rip into Axl. As far as music journalists go I  think we're gonna be hard pressed to find one who'll write an honest review one way or another. We'll see I guess.

Bono

Bono wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Well Bono I pretty much agree it can't be taken seriously even with an official release, but I no longer about new GN'R being big. I love the music and I just want more of it, regardless of what the media says. Most music critics and casual fans mock Blind Melon too, but it doesn't mean the music isn't amazing and worthy of praise greater than what it gets.

Very true. In fact i saw a thing on Much Music last night where the "host" made some stupid comment that Blind Melon was most definately not  popular based on their music but because Shannon Hoon was an addict who died of a drug overdose. What a stupid coment. Yeah peopel liked Blind melon cause of Shannon's addiction problem. Unreal.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Guns N' Roses Hit Back at Internet Leaks

Rockers Guns N' Roses have moved to halt a series of Internet leaks, which threatened to disrupt the launch of their new album, "Chinese Democracy."

The band threatened legal action against a Web site, which posted several of the album's new songs online on Wednesday.

Six songs were reportedly leaked from the record and several appeared on elsewhere.com, according to Blabbermouth.net.

And the move prompted the band to issue a cease and desist letter to the site, ordering all of the links to the tracks be removed.

A statement from elsewhere.com confirms the new music has now been taken down. It reads, "The player has been at least temporarily removed, because it basically broke the entire Internet. Also, we got a call from Guns N' Roses."

The group has been working on the album since 1995 and it is now said to be finally nearing release.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfg … y_id=27449

Board footer