You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Chinese Democracy Elimination- Round 2

Sky Dog wrote:

I do but I only hear the "ute" at the end...jury is way out obviously.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
DCK wrote:

Just what "evidence" would that be? There's absolutely nothing to indicate that it is Prostitute. The chances of this being Prostitute is like 40 to 1.

The case for it being prostitute is:

1. Prostitute was described as a "fire and ice" song - the changes at 0:59 then 2:11 and 3:44 sound like that description would fit.

2. The lyrics as a whole deal with selling out, paying for love, and swapping love for fortune and fame.

3. Some people hear the word prostitute at 3:52. While initally i wasn't one of them, I thought it was "bring you down", the lyrics make perfect sence with it being prostitute, and axl often says words strangely in songs, and I could easily see it being that word. In any case the overtheme of the lyrics deal well with the idea that steph and or Axl have/would be prostituting their love and getting rich as a result. (in axl's case making music, and in stephs from the fame boost she got at the time).

4. The set list photo had prostitute listed...every other song from that set list was on the same CD.

5. I think the setlists became heavy on AFD to compensate for the idea of fitting another ballad of this kind into the set list. It may have been dumped in the end because it was too many ballads.

Obviously your welcome to a different opinion...but in the absence of any other info it seems to me the case for it being prostitute is pretty compelling...the only things I know against it being it are:

1. The magazine guy says its not. (i hadn't heard of this till the post above..so i can't comment on the likely hood of this being accurate yet. Like if the dude writing the article about the leaks knew what he was talking about or not.)
2. People on the forums got so excited about the track they just demand somethign they like more as is.

smile

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

I can't believe that people are voting Rhiad over If The World. That song is terrible.

Board footer