You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: GNR to video games?

BLS-Pride wrote:

The Wall Street Journal reports that VAN HALEN, THE EAGLES, STEELY DAN and GUNS N' ROSES "all have deals of varying types in the works with one or the other or both of these companies," says Irving Azoff (whose Front Line Management manages AEROSMITH and other major artists), referring to the makers of Guitar Hero and Rock Band.

But some bands have resisted the call of the new medium. LED ZEPPELIN's thundering riffs are among the most sought after by music game makers, but the group's guitarist, Jimmy Page, and his bandmates have repeatedly turned down offers from both Activision and MTV, says Peter Mensch, a partner at Q Prime Management, which manages Mr. Page, along with METALLICA and other acts.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

It would be very interesting to see a GnR video game. Azoff's the type of guy who could make it happen.

But in reference to Guitar Hero, haven't we, big GNR fans, decided that the Guns discography isn't big enough to carry a game like that?

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

...unless its part of the promotion pack to release CD yikes

complete the game to unlock unheard not to be on CD song?

Sky Dog wrote:

Ask Yourself,
What I Would Do
To Prostitute, Myself,
To Live With Fortune And Shame

maybe Axl is a Prostitute and can live with Fortune and Shame.....:haha::laugh::smile:

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:

I doubt that it's an actual video game based solely around GN'R - let's not forget, GNR's songs have been used in Guitar Hero before. It's probably just a licensing deal to use the songs whenever they want to.

Board footer