You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Re: The Azoff factor re-examined: could he be targeting Bucket, not Slash?

Arcade Roses wrote:
war wrote:
Arcade Roses wrote:
war wrote:

the argument may have died a while go but only because it wasn't true
now it is

Huh?  I thought it was true: several people confirmed it.  This was one of them.

war wrote:

if chinese democracy is on the launching pad i still say axl can get bucket back in the band  if he is willing to make up with him that is

When I first read that I thought you meant Axl is ready to make up with Bucket.  He is.  Or do you mean Bucket with Axl?  That's the big question - and maybe, as you and I both say, after all this time, he is?:)

It also depends on the other big question: can Azoff crack Bucket?  "What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?", LOL.:haha::)

you said the argument, that axl could coax bucket back, died a while ago. true?
if so, i agree that it did because he tried and he couldn't - now he could. due to the album being ready for release and the fact that time mends broken hearts i belive bucket would return if axl is willing to, again, try to get him back. i don't think azoff is needed for this.

Top post.:thumbup:  In addition to that, can I just add, I don't know who it was a while ago, maybe Bucket or Brain or someone, who *hinted* in someway that he/they (he) would be ready to return to the fold once the album was on the launchpad.  (Oh yes, I remember now - it was Brain.:thumbup:)

However, I disagree with your last statement: I do agree that Bucket is one damn tough nut to crack - as we + Axl have found out before.  So, I do think Azoff will be needed in some capacity to bring Bucket back to the fold.  Why else was Azoff brought in then - unless Slash (and co.) were being targeted?  However, I personally think he is just in because 1.) He (and Gould) are good managers who can deal with Axl and 2. Merck *may* have recommended him (I remember reading somewhere they were *friends* or *acquaintances* in some way, were they not?).

That's another thing I forgot to mention in my original post: Gould's horror credentials.  I think someone has mentioned this before.:thumbup:  That would definitely appeal to Buckethead?  Maybe encourage him to return?:)

Karma for Mr. Lofton.:beer:

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i repesctfully disagree and acknowledge that you could be right

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

What are you contacting Brain for? Are you actually so naive that you think he will reply to you?

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

The way to go about it is get brain back first, and have brain ask BH.
Axl just has to release the album and agree to be on time and not miss any shows
Im sure if he made that deal, BH would come back

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i think it would take an apology on axl's part, talking through a puppet with a hockey jersey on also

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

Axl just has to release the album and agree to be on time and not miss any shows
Im sure if he made that deal, BH would come back

I think Duff, Slash and maybe even Izzy would still be in the band if this was the case 16  I agree though Buckethead seemd to eb the one guy who had that lightbulb go off saying "what the fuck am I doing wasting my time here with this guy"  he's obviously the one guy who thrived on being productive. The others guys aside from maybe Finck were collecting a  paycheck and life was probably gravy for them with or without an album.

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:
DCK wrote:

What are you contacting Brain for? Are you actually so naive that you think he will reply to you?

I was nice to him.:peace:

After all, he replied to EMS - but yes, he probably does not reply to many e-mails: especially in the current climate to Guns-related people.

I also asked him if he knew the title of 'song 2' by the way - hence the climatic relevance.

It was worth a try I guess.:mosh:

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I just find it strange that's all. If you get a reply then yippie for you. big_smile

I seriously doubt he's gonna give you the title of a leaked song. I mean...come on. It's like someone stealing your fucking car and then the thief calls you up 2 hours later and ask what type it is.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

good thread....good point, good argument.....

I am now almost convinced that we will see an original lineup reunion eventually, that much i think is clear....these new management guys know that will make them rich....however....I doubt Axl would want to do it until he gets this beast out in the open, and closes this chapter in its entirety....so Azoff has to get smart and hurry up with this, if he is to get Salsh and Axl on stage again for Hall of Fame, and then a world tour after that...

So, this could easily be stage 1 of the plan, to get BH back, and one way to get him back is to leak/release heavily influenced BH tracks, give him some royalties off this new video game, make him realise how important he really was....get him back, tour the world, release this fucker....and then say goodbye and do the Stage 2 of the plan, which is a full reunion....

Azoff scores either way....he manages to release the un-releasable, and manages to reunite the un-reunitable...ace job....$$$$$$$$$$$

As far as Bucket not wanting to waste time with them and all the stuff which was mentioned above....fair enough, but....

Everyone has their price, and so does Bucket

.....he is first and foremost an artist, and to see and hear how the world is salivating over these shitty leaks must be making him feel pretty good, because there must be even better shit behind the scenes which we don't know about....

he might just be tempted to do this again....

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

doubt it....i think the money to be had inthis situation is at least a UYI lineup reunion ...hell it really jsut boils down to getting Slash and Axl working together again ...the other guys wont really matter to the average person

Board footer