You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: RUMOR: Royston Langdon is Velvet Revolver's new singer

tejastech08 wrote:
nugdafied wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
nugdafied wrote:

If by pricks you mean Axl & only Axl then yeah. Whenever Axl decides to stop being a bitch & give the real GNR guitarists they're piece of the pie back, then there'll probably be GNR shows the next nite.

There's been plenty of undeserved shit thrown at Axl as well, but for the most part I agree he started this crap back in the day and progressively made it worse. So they've reacted through the years with some unfair crap of their own. He's the biggest prick of them all, but they are all egotistical -- especially Axl and Slash.

What I mean is that, if Axl gives Slash & Duff theirs shares of the GNR name back, then it's on. Until then, they'll never tour/record under the GNR name again.

I know. That's the only way it'll work. And that's what I was referring to when I said he started this shit back in the day (when he forced them to sign over their rights to the name or he'd quit).

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

FIRST

Why would they want a reunion? The guys involved are FILTHY RICH. So there is no money
needs here. Plus, you know, they still have their own things going on.

SECOND

After what they went through with Scott, with one of the main complaints being that he was
too much like Axl, what has Axl showed you in these last six years that he is any different
than he used to be? How would that be appealing to them?

THIRD

There would be no album. Period. The most you'd get from a reunion is maybe a few shows
or a set at the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame, because...

FORTH

Izzy would not tour. He would not be able to put up with Axl on the road or recording. And
more importantly, with no Izzy, there would be NO REAL REUNION.

FIFTH

As I said before, if Axl had to abandon what he's done with this band it would be an admission
of failure, and he would spite himself and never sing again before he admitted he couldn't make
it with his band and his vision. 

So, no, it wouldn't be as easy as giving Duff and Slash part of the name again. That in itself is
an impossibility.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

I still think VR should go with John Corabi and put out a killer bluesy heavy rock album.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Oh, and this Spacehog guy is fucking rubbish.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, Corabi isn't too much of a throw back. Just a notch above Baz 16

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

isnt corabi in RATT?

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

He does a lot of stuff, RATT being one of his more recent things. Wasn't he just a rhythm guitarist for them though? Demartini handles lead and Pearcy is back, even before then it was Jizzy Pearl (love that name btw) singing for them.

I thought he was going to do a solo record at some point but I haven't heard much of anything about that; maybe it was just a rumor.

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

i think corabi could fit the VR fold well.....

i like the self tittled crue album he did, i think corabi would sound great on some contraband tracks

Board footer