You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Chinese Democracy "On the schedule"

Bono wrote:

Would Gn'R not have to go through the IOC to to get permission to promote this in conjunction with the Olympics? They woudln't be allowed to simply use the Olympics as a backdrop to CD. And the IOC wouldn't touch Gn'R with a  million foot pole.  The Olympics embodie everything Axl is not or at least isn't from perception of the public. There's no way these two go together.  The Olympics have ZERO to gain by attatching themselves to Gn'R and Chinese Democracy. Gn'R would have to use generic footage of sporting events, not use the Olympic name or logo and it would be a joke. I can't see this happening at all.  Hahaha! I'm ust pictureing atheletes achieving tragedy and triumph with heartbreak and ecstasy with Chinese Democracy playing in the background. hahahahahaa. NEVER!

Bono

Bono wrote:
madagas wrote:

thank you, now go jump in the lake,,,Sylvan Lake that is!:smile:

Hey just tyring to keep things grounded. We've seen this routine a million times and every time people say "I won't be sucked in next time" and then next time it's just a  replay of the last. Hearts get broken and faces are spit in 16  I'm just looking out for you guys.

Sky Dog wrote:

trust me, I know...I've been burned yearly since 1994.:headbang:

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Bono wrote:

I really dont' see any reason to get excited. This is  2006 again but on a much smaller scale. Yeah yeah Shackler's Revenge. big deal. 2006 had "real" confirmation from management and Axl that the album was coming out in the fall.  They were touring, we had official leaks for the first time. You guys that are allowing this "hype" to suck you in are in for a big let down I'm affraid. If I'm wrong. Good. If I'm right it shouldn't be a surprise and no offence but you'll only have yourselevs to blame for allowing yourselves to get excited.   In my opinion this ain't happening this year.

I think this is a much larger scale than 06. At least it's much farther along. The Shackler's Revenge train has left the station and it can't be stopped now. The first song from Chinese Democracy to ever be officially released is on its way. 06 didn't have that. We didn't even know for sure what the first single would be - we could assume Better from the Harley Davidson ad but you never know. And Harley Davidson isn't as big a deal as Rock Band. To deny that is merely to announce how out of touch and old you are (not aimed at you Bono, unless you would deny that).

Also, going from another source, which granted could be wrong, Chinese Democracy is on the schedule for release in the 3rd or 4th quarter, which is the first time it has been on the schedule.

Also you have Azoff instead of Merck. Big difference there. Guns may have toured in 06 but how many times did Axl mention 'Chinese Democracy' on that tour? Ever?

Bono

Bono wrote:

I dont' see anyone denying the reach of Rockband compared to HD.

Oh My God was originally thought to be the comback of Gn'R and that flopped. Again though Rockband is bigger than a movie sondtrack.

It makes no difference though. Each time it's bigger and more relevant and each time it falls on it's face. I don't see the difference here really.  Just more of the same. People who preach they won't believe it untill they have a solid release date or actually hear a single on radio are once again going back on those words allowing their emotions and excitement to take over completely.  Maybe it's different for me since none of it excites me anymore. I mean the album could come out next week and will I buy it?  No. So maybe it's just easier for me to stay "grounded" for lack of a better word.

One thing people are forgetting or refusing to aknowledeg or just don't know about is this "relase date time frame" is scheduled to happen around the same time as U2's new album. Is that the actual plan? After all this time they're gonna put out an album at or around the same time as a U2 release? Talk about bad timeing for Gn'R. They arent' that stupid are they? This is reason enough for me to believe it's not happening. Unless it's an ego thing and Axl wants to go head to head with an absolute giant. Good luck.

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:
Bono wrote:

I dont' see anyone denying the reach of Rockband compared to HD.

Oh My God was originally thought to be the comback of Gn'R and that flopped. Again though Rockband is bigger than a movie sondtrack.

It makes no difference though. Each time it's bigger and more relevant and each time it falls on it's face. I don't see the difference here really.  Just more of the same. People who preach they won't believe it untill they have a solid release date or actually hear a single on radio are once again going back on those words allowing their emotions and excitement to take over completely.  Maybe it's different for me since none of it excites me anymore. I mean the album could come out next week and will I buy it?  No. So maybe it's just easier for me to stay "grounded" for lack of a better word.

One thing people are forgetting or refusing to aknowledeg or just don't know about is this "relase date time frame" is scheduled to happen around the same time as U2's new album. Is that the actual plan? After all this time they're gonna put out an album at or around the same time as a U2 release? Talk about bad timeing for Gn'R. They arent' that stupid are they? This is reason enough for me to believe it's not happening. Unless it's an ego thing and Axl wants to go head to head with an absolute giant. Good luck.

im with bono here, iv seen it all to many times before, and yes while i would like to have CD in my CD player, i dont get excited anymore...

we as fans have been let down far too many times before, for me to let it "let me down" again

its kind of like girls for me now lol fuck with me once, forgivable, twice, sceptacle, 3rd time, no way lol

GNR got away with it for a while, now i just dont care, im not lettin myself get excited, dont think i could ghet excited either!!

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

As long as they're 2-3 weeks apart it shouldn't be a big problem. Of course U2 will kill CD on the hcarts but as long as it can be #1 when it debuts that's a good enough time to do it imo.

The reason to get excited is that it's coming. The first single, that is. It can't be stopped like the Harley Davidson ad could've been and was, and it comes at a time where there is proof of a finished album and things aren't as bare as they were in 98.

Bono

Bono wrote:
Communist China wrote:

As long as they're 2-3 weeks apart it shouldn't be a big problem. Of course U2 will kill CD on the hcarts but as long as it can be #1 when it debuts that's a good enough time to do it imo.

The reason to get excited is that it's coming. The first single, that is. It can't be stopped like the Harley Davidson ad could've been and was, and it comes at a time where there is proof of a finished album and things aren't as bare as they were in 98.

Oh it can easily be stopped. Everyone assumes that because it's on Rock Band that it's gonna be a single sooner than later. It's absolutely conceivable to think it comes out on Rock band and never hits the radio. In Gn'R world that's far from far fetched. There's no proof whatsoever that a  new radio single is coming. At least not at the moment.  One song on a  video game doesn't mean a guaranteed album release. Not sure where this line of thinking came from.  When is Shackler's Revenge available for purchase on itunes? Exactly.   Has anyone thought that this is simply a new way for Axl and Co. to create a smokescreen and buy more time. The touring method ran dry, the impact that leaks have is minimal now compared to the past so this could very well be just a  new stalling tactic.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm getting a feeling that beneath some of the more negative points made here, that there
are some here who really don't want CD to come out. Despite some veiled "positive" remarks.

What I'm reading here is not guarded optimism. It's hopeful negativity.

13:butt::butt:

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Who cares about U2? I sure as hell dont. I'll take CD any day. If anything, they should be more concerned about releasing it around when Metallica releases their cd. They will be competing with that fan, moreso than  most U2 fans.

Board footer