You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Slash joins Fergie on stage for a rendition of SCOM

Smoking Guns wrote:

Maybe when he gets going on Solo Album or VR he will be out of news for a few months and anticipation will build for the albums and the mystique will be regained.  Sometimes you have to step away some so that we know you are gone.. Ha!  21

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I now think he had a wah there, but that it wasn't working properly.  At the 5:30 mark is he trying to engage the wah?  Maybe.  Either way, kick ass.  Sorry Dr. Love for my rude posts.

Apology accepted. I think that Finck is a great guitarist and I really see no reason for people to shit on him.

I can haz my reputation point back?

Can I have mine back, for aplogizing?  HA!!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Saikin wrote:

No one else is seriously cringing at this?  Fergie killed that song.

I thought she sang it quite well actually. I don't hear her hitting any dud notes or anything.

And Slash nailed it too.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Can I have mine back, for aplogizing?  HA!!

Done and done.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Bono wrote:

This is Cool. Whats wrong with it? To not do it is just ego driven. "I'm too good for this"  "I have too much cred for this"  I mean what's that even mean. These guys all lost their "street Cred" over   a decade ago.  They dont' live in shit boxes anymore. They party with celebs. Fuck last tour Richard and Finck coverd beautiful by Christina.  What's the difference?  If Slash did this cause the fans loved it than thats' cool. If the reaction was positive than that's cool.  It's Slash playing a classic fucking Gn'R tune?  If Axl did a duet with her on SCOM how'd that be percived? It's better than holing up in your basement for a decade leaving your fans starved like someone I could mention.  Slash's car commercial wasn't cool but when Better was in line for the Harley Ad that was cool? C'mon people.  Get over this "$la$h is a sellout" thing.

What's wrong with it? She's a product, a manufactured shit bag meant to suck the weak of their money and promote superficial ideals so the twelve year olds can go have another orgie. She's everything GN'R rebelled against. what made them.

And now the lead guitarist is sharing the stage playing a song he used to hate? That's what's fuckin' wrong.

The Christina thing was lame as well, but it's naturally not as bad as actually having the doll on stage.

Why is this better than being holed up in a basement? Doing it for the fans? What fans? You sure as hell won't find many fergie fans in our crowd. He did it for the cash, for the high profile and god knows what else middle aged needs he's acquired. I'd rather have my artist doing jack shit than going out supporting and indulging in the very cancer he used to rebel against.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

These was a greatly exaggerated use of the word great in this thread...I won't specifically point it out to avoid a conflict, but it's a term that gets thrown around far to often (I'm guilty of it myself).

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

Listening to Finck play brings great joy to my heart.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

[youtube]WIGNKwMVSBA&feature=related[/youtube]

Different Angle, better version.

Board footer