You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Bach talks about Axl on Angel Down

buzzsaw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The other criticism is if the album is so good, why would a person who's only talent is to sing bring in another guy to sing lead on 3 of his songs unless it was just to sell more records?

I'd say its more that:

1. Baz and Axl are friends...and its cool to have your friends on your album.
2. Baz is a fan of Axls. Its obvious from all the interviews he has given in the past - especially around the time of Axls return to the public view - that Baz thinks axl is an amazing singer, and he's talked about how impressed he is by his screams and range and stuff. Its therefore logical that he thinks brining him in would make a great song even better.

I dont deny that there will be financial/promotional rewards to having axl involved, but i think thats a welcome side effect not the purpose of his inclusion, as as to your assertion that his involvment somehow means that they doubt the album to have been any good to start with. Well i dont see it that way.

I might have written what i thought was the best song in the world, and if i had a friend who has talents I admire and respect, I'd damn sure ssk him to add to my song.

At the end of the day, i think its a stretch to say that getting a guest singer means you think the album is shit and needs a lift. At the same time - i'm not saying its going to be the worlds best album - i'm expecting it to be similar to the other Skid Row albums - damn fun when your drunk and need to rock the hell out!!!

I get that they are friends and friends do things for friends.  I also get that Baz might be a fan of Axl.  What I DON'T get is why when Baz's ONLY talent is singing he would have 3 songs that he lets somebody else sing lead on. 

If it was one song, I'd understand.  If it was a situation like Duff's first album where he brought in a bunch of guest singers (including Bach if I remember correctly), I'd understand.  This is neither of those.  This is about 1/4 of an album sung by one person taking the place of the person who's album it's supposed to be.  Does that mean the album sucks?  Not necessarily, but it isn't a good sign.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Axl had Shannon Hoon and Alice Cooper sing on UYI.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Communist China wrote:

as backing vocals though

i'm in agreence with buzzsaw...cuz i dont really understand why a pure singer whould have a guest lead vocalist on 3 tracks of his first album in a decade hmm its just weird to sing backup vocals on your own album 16

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Communist China

I thought Axl was only lead on Back in the Saddle?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

"Featured Lead Vocals On 3 Songs" 16

As awesome as it sounds, what would he say if Axl wasn't on this album...

i dunno i didnt check out the link in the first post, i was going by Atari's post

Communist China

I'm pretty sure Axl isn't lead on Love is a Bitchslap. And I'm very sure he is lead on Back in the Saddle. IDK about the other one.

Even if he sang two notes, they'd want to make it out to sound like the return of Axl Rose. Could just be hype acting like he's a prominent part of the CD.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Communist China wrote:

as backing vocals though

i'm in agreence with buzzsaw...cuz i dont really understand why a pure singer whould have a guest lead vocalist on 3 tracks of his first album in a decade hmm its just weird to sing backup vocals on your own album 16

They were backing vocals and neither of them were on more than one song (2 versions of Don't Cry doesn't count).  Having a guest vocalist make an appearance and sing backing vocals on a song is fine.  Lead on one is odd, lead on one and backing on 2 more is very odd, lead on 3 is a joke.  It's a publicity stunt and having the song Axl sings lead on played on the radio already just proves it.

Shannon Hoon sings on You Aint The First

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

Shannon Hoon sings on You Aint The First

Really?  It wasn't even noticable.  How is that equal to the Baz/Axl situation?  Apples and oranges.

Board footer