You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: Hollywood Rose (indoor) Rehearsal video

Will wrote:

Never seen this before, about 30 seconds of Hollywood Rose rehearing indoors.

Theres also an interview with Axl included at the end. The interviewer is a complete tool, though you get to see Erin Everly so not a complete loss 16

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Thought I would throw this interview up here also. We interviewed Johnny Kreis back in 2007 for chopaway.com about his time in Hollywood Rose:

1. How did you end up being the drummer in Hollywood Rose and how long did you play with Axl and Izzy?

Actually Izzy and I played together in a band called Shire which was more along the lines of Melodic Metal, ala Scorpions, Def Leppard. Izzy played bass then, but he was also collaborating and writing songs with Axl, it wasn't long before they needed someone to lay tracks down for their new project which was materializing rather quickly. Izzy's and Axl's songs were very streety and bluesy but had a very strong edge, and very related to what was going in the lives of young rocker kids on the street. Finally after a disappointing attempt at getting a record deal with Shire, moonlighting and playing a few gigs with Izzy's and Axl's band I made the decision to leave Shire, and play drums solely for Hollywoodrose, or with a few of rocker buddies who were hanging out with us. Back in those days, of one of those buddies and an absolute awesome guitarist and friend Tracii Gunns, our name changed a few times to ROSE, AXL, then finally Hollywoodrose.

2. Could you share some of your coolest memories you have of Izzy (or Axl) from the HR period?

One of the coolest memories was the first time we played a very large venue/club called The Country Club in Reseda California, and the expression on peoples faces as we unleashed our brand of StreetMetal/Rock N Roll, from sitting on my drums I can almost read their minds saying "What The Hell Is This"'¦.and yet Hollywoodrose in the very beginning was hitting a nerve in every person who was in that hall that night, a nerve that Would carry atleast two of the musicians of HR to become one of Rocks Icons! To Fame!

3. What was your reaction when you heard the HR tracks 'The Roots Of Guns N' Roses' was going to be released?

Honestly, I was rather troubled, cause nobody bothered to even try to contact me to let me know that my drum tracks would be released without my consent to the public, and I knew that some people out there would be interested and buy the CD, they don't represent the best of my playing but for that time I was pretty proud of them and they were with my friends, Izzy, Axl and The HR Crew. Now I look back and there's nothing I could have done about the release I have tried to contact the label, to no avail, somebody's makin money off of this CD, and it aint me, not a damn penny!........so that's life in the record biz!...yes! I am bitter about how it went over!.....but I am proud that now the world can hear me Johnny Kreis play drums with Izzy and Axl and Hollywoodrose!

4. In 2004 you met with Izzy again and talked for the first time in 20 years, what was that like? And have you had any contact with any of the other HR members after all these years?

I still remember the first email I got from Izzy after a friend from Norway by the name of Jan gave me Izzy's email, and it was first contact after 20 years and for Iz, many tours, albums and reaching the other side of Fame The Big Time, it was really cool for me to hear from Izzy once again, and through email we arrainged a meeting at one of my dads gigs in long beach and thinking that "Well Izzy's Famous Now He Won't Show Up to my Invitation!

My friend Iz, who toured the world!.....who played stadiums! With other famous musicians! He won't show up to see his buddy from the beginning of time!....and my mom and dad knew Izzy also before he made it!........

Well I was wrong!.......as I look at the entrance of the event, there's Izzy walkin in! Right on time!.......you see! Izzy is Famous! In my book! But damn! He's still Izzy '¦a nice and warm-spirited person that I knew before fame, he was down to earth then, and he is down to earth now in the present! We did book some studio jam time in West LA after that day and we still had that musical chemistry even now!....that was fun!

izzyandjohnnyjpgdh0jj1.jpg
^ Izzy and Johnny

5. Do you still have any HR bootlegs or recordings lying somewhere in the basement that the fans don't know about?

Yes I have a copy of the very first demo we did, on cassette tape, which is now slowly disintegrating though time cause the label I remember was white, and now it's a dark brown and it said Rose, Wreckless, Shadow of Your Love, and My Way Your Way.

6. Looking back at your musical career so far, on which project are you most proud of?

I would say Hollywoodrose, cause with that band you just can't get any closer to fame than to have the honor of playing RockNRoll in the same band with Izzy Stradlin and Axl Rose'¦..It doesn't get any better than that! And now the entire planet can hear my drums on The Roots CD, cause I can say that!.............Thats's Me!............I Was There!

Hey! Quick Thanks! To My Friend Edwin and Staff at www.chopaway.com for inviting me to this incredible opportunity to share my little part of musical history with all of you! Take Care! And Cheers! Johnny Kreis.

Note: Johnny has his own website with Hollywood Rose demos available to download here. He also tells some more of his time in HR if you follow his site from the homepage.

pipegnr
 Rep: 0 

pipegnr wrote:

spectacular boy

Board footer