You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: T Minus 3 days and counting...............??

Neemo wrote:
A4L2.0 wrote:
Incognito wrote:

Part 2 is coming ...

I Didn't even know we had part one...

I think part one was the studio leaks that MSL secured last year for CD, blues, maddy, better and irs

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
madagas wrote:

while we are waiting....A NEW SNIPPETT FROM SEAN BEAVEN

Antiquiet: Walk us through the experience of working on the new Guns N' Roses album.

Sean Beavan: Ah yes, that was a long time ago. It was between '˜98 and 2000, I think. Tommy Stinson and I became good friends, and we see each other quite a bit, so he gives me updates here and there. I have no idea what's going on now. Almost everybody involved with the project when I was working on it isn't a part of it anymore. It was Josh Freese on drums, Tommy was playing bass'¦ Dizzy was playing keyboards, and I think he's still doing that. It was a blast working with Axl. He was a really funny guy. That's probably the one thing that surprised me the most- just how funny the guy could be. When he'd come in to do vocals, he'd warm up for like forty-five minutes not by singing, but by telling jokes. He was just extremely funny and super nice.

Antiquiet: Was there any sense that Chinese Democracy was nearing completion back then?

Sean Beavan: I thought there was. (laughs) I think we worked on thirty-five songs or something. But the guy just continually creates, and as people changed into and out of the band, a lot of things got re-tracked. I'd love to see the record come out soon, but we'll see. They say it was turned in.

Nice part at the end 22

I think Sean was the best producer for Axl. Sucks he left. Wasn't it because of Bob Ezrin?

Sky Dog wrote:

not that I know of.....the Ezrin stuff gets WAY too much attention on this board...his opinion is no more important than any other person's opinion of "the project"....Brian May listened to a couple of albums of material in May 2000 and thought they were fantastic, as did multiple other people during that timeframe (the same timeframe Ezrin ALLEGEDLY said he only had three good songs). Buzzsaw only thinks he has 2 good songs......I think he has 9......opinions are like assholes. :sick: Just passing time......:peace:

misterID

misterID wrote:

After the last Janes Addiction album and Army For Anyone I'm really questioning Ezrin's opinion on
modern music. Technically he's still the best producer out there, imo.

darknemus
 Rep: 23 

darknemus wrote:

'I've got a funny feeling..' that today could be an.. intriguing one.  I'm sure someone's got an.. itchy trigger finger.

-darknemus

Sky Dog wrote:

ID, that is my point. Ezrin has produced some crap as well as The Wall. We also don't know how he was judging the material. Was he looking at commercial potential? Was he looking at it from an artistic standpoint? You have no idea what his angle was because he personally never spoke on the subject. His quote is hearsay from a third party and all the naysayers run with it till the cows come home around here. A quote from 8 years ago and three hundred and sixty two retakes ago.:haha:

misterID

misterID wrote:
darknemus wrote:

'I've got a funny feeling..' that today could be an.. intriguing one.  I'm sure someone's got an.. itchy trigger finger.

-darknemus

Lets hope that itchy finger is on a hair trigger... in 2 and a half hours.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

darknemus
 Rep: 23 

darknemus wrote:

Looks like about 136 minutes until we find out.. the funny feeling just won't go away.

-darknemus

Incognito
 Rep: 0 

Incognito wrote:
misterID wrote:
darknemus wrote:

-darknemus

Lets hope that itchy finger is on a hair trigger... in 2 and a half hours.

'I've got a funny feeling... and it won't go away.'

Sorry dark, just noticed your last post.  16

Board footer