You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Horrific
 Rep: 7 

Re: Slash talks Axl on 'David Letterman'

Horrific wrote:

Former GUNS N' ROSES and current VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash was a guest on "Late Show with David Letterman" Tuesday night (October 30) to promote his newly published memoir, "Slash", which came out yesterday via HarperEntertainment. When asked about his current relationship with Axl Rose, Slash said that he would like to clear the air between them and admitted that the bad blood that exists was partly his own vault, caused in part by his bitterness over the breakup of the original GUNS N' ROSES. When David asked if those wounds would ever be healed, Slash said that it's all in the future and left the door open to a reconciliation.

A short clip featuring Slash talking about his relationship with Axl can be viewed on the "LateShow":
http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/v … 5735.phtml

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Horrific wrote:

Former GUNS N' ROSES and current VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash was a guest on "Late Show with David Letterman" Tuesday night (October 30) to promote his newly published memoir, "Slash", which came out yesterday via HarperEntertainment. When asked about his current relationship with Axl Rose, Slash said that he would like to clear the air between them and admitted that the bad blood that exists was partly his own vault, caused in part by his bitterness over the breakup of the original GUNS N' ROSES. When David asked if those wounds would ever be healed, Slash said that it's all in the future and left the door open to a reconciliation.

A short clip featuring Slash talking about his relationship with Axl can be viewed on the "LateShow":
http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/v … 5735.phtml

If I were in Slash's current band, I'd want to reconcile with Axl too.

You like Baz, but don't like VR?  lol

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Horrific
 Rep: 7 

Horrific wrote:

Not to badmouth Scott but I too dont think he's a great singer,but whatever works for Slash I guess.I still have not heard one song of Libertad and I dont intend too.Unless I get it for free somewhere.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'd love to see Slash and Axl reconcile....but sadly it still seems unlikely these days.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I'd love to see Slash and Axl reconcile....but sadly it still seems unlikely these days.

The one and only way I'd want something to happen with Slash is if it similar to the Pink Floyd deal. After all the bad shit that went down between those guys, they really looked like they LOVED to be playing those songs together again.

I wouldn't want it to be like those bands that just go out there for the sake of it and you can just tell they hate each other. The only example I can think of off the top of my head is Halen in 04, it was like watching strangers play the songs together.

I agree with russ.  I was all for a reunion for a long time, but lately my thoughts on that have changed.  I don't want a reunion unless everybody is really into doing it.  No clauses giving Axl the back catalog or doing it just for the money.  Admittedly, I'd still go see it regardless of the reason, but I'd be happier about it if they were doing it because they really wanted to.

I agree with russ on scott not being great for VR, but he was better than their other options at the time.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I can't make up my mind about Scott. He has his moments. And at first i thought i wasn't getting him cos he wasnt axl. So i was trying to give him a fair shot.

Overall i'm not sure. He has some stage presence live. And he has some cool tracks both with VR and STP. But i'm starting to think from interviews i've read with him that musically he isn't on the same page as what i'd like.

He sometimes doesnt seem to show respect for the old GNR music in comments he makes. And then there was how he said that out of 2 Slash/Izzy cd's most of it was garbage...and then he liked 'Slither' cos it sounded like wicked garden from STP. Or words similar to that. To me that just started to make him look a little arrogant and divorced from my personal music taste. Like slash and izzy writing 2 cds full of shit songs? I find that hard to believe.

So i guess in hindsight i'd have liked someone else. But i still love VR, and am looking forward to seeing them. So i guess i need help! LOL

Board footer