You are not logged in. Please register or login.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

Re: Song #2 (Prostitute) is the biggest gun of all IMO

deadsouth wrote:

that M.I.A. has to be the worst pile of shit ever passed off as music.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

I'm not sure what you're considering a commercial success.  I know you just explained, but top 20 on what chart?  I think this song could chart VERY well on the modern rock circuit.  If you're looking at top 40, not sure there.  I don't view that chart often, but isn't that filled with R&B, rap, teeny bopper music?  I could see a rock ballad charting well, but not sure about hard tracks like this.  Again, I don't know for sure, I'd have to take a closer look at the charts.

Top 40 is all that matters.  Charting on Adult Contemporary isn't success.  Modern "rock" songs end up on the Top 40 chart - it's not an unreasonable expectation.

Edit: Let's put it this way...I didn't check the Top 40 chart for VR, but I know TLF was on the VH1 countdown for a few weeks, so it's likely it was somewhere on that chart.  Libertad (by most accounts) was a piece of shit, but TLF had some limited commercial success.  I would expect it to at the very, very least surpass anything VR did since the general concensous is VR sucks.

I don't think VR sucks, but I agree I'd wish/hope GNR would chart better than them since I do think the music is better.  According to billboard TLF hit #16 on the Hot Mainstream Rock chart, it peaked at #72 on the Canadian Hot 100.  Those are the only 2 charts I see it on.  "Fall To Pieces" hit #67 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 2004.  I'm just not seeing many modern rock tracks on the charts.  You've got a chance with a ballad, but I don't see a hard rocker making it.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
deadsouth wrote:

Oh boy, I think you're getting negative rep for that one.  I actually like that song a lot.  I like some of her other stuff too, I really dig "Paper Planes" though.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

I would like to see a bit of maturing around this place.  Everyone has had their own opinions and we have had good debate.  Keeping in the spirit of actual good debate, the addition of personal attacks and things being said just to piss people off is pretty pointless.  If you want to fight with someone you don't know just for the matter of getting a reaction, take it to PM.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

Yep, the mods got a bit of housecleaning to do.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

3 Doors Down peaked at 17 (not sure how long it was there though).  Are you going to tell me that GnR can't do better than 3 Doors Down, especially with all the years of hype?  If that's the case, Axl may as well close down shop now.  I'm not asking for a #1 song, but top 20 for a few weeks isn't being overly demanding.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

russtcb wrote:

And we can do all that without ever having to insult one another.

But when will the time come when people realize that each section were created for their own specific topic?

I understand that I almost repeat what you just said, but either way.

If I were to mention one thing that have made this site different from any other Guns N' Roses website it would be the fact that you don't have to worry about bumping into any (irrelevant) discussions other than what the name on the topic suggests - and I'll gladly take that over arguing about crap.

I realize that there's been a lot going on and that we have a lot of new faces on the board and I think that's absolutely great, but I don't want to see what I wrote above disappear just because of that fact.

You and ereeper make great points and I agree with you both wholeheartedly.

And to bring something actually relevant myself... I like the song.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
deadsouth wrote:

try keeping to the subject of the thread MIA has nothing to do with shacklers revenge consider that a warning

Captain Winkler wrote:

Not harder to hate.  Why argue a point that will be proven shortly?  Shackler's chance of commercial success = .0000000000000000000000000000001%
\

you can't be THAT stupid can you?

and here is another warning...we dont allow insults on this board...if you think about posting before you post you can constructively critiszze something you dont agree with instead of acting childish...trust me it makes for a better atmosphere of discussion

Board footer