You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Newborn Baby Stolen from Hospital

Neemo wrote:

Baby returned safely to mom
Nov 01, 2007 11:00 PM
THE CANADIAN PRESS

SUDBURY, Ont. '” A newborn snatched from a Sudbury hospital was back where she belonged late Thursday, ending a day-long Amber Alert that had authorities across the province looking for the child.

The baby girl appeared healthy but was examined by doctors as a precaution before being reunited with her parents, police said. A 19-year-old woman accused of taking the day-old child was arrested in the home where the baby was recovered in Kirkland Lake, a five-hour drive from Sudbury.

Police said late Thursday they expected to charge the woman with abduction. Police issued an Amber Alert for the newborn shortly after she was reported missing from the St. Joseph's Health Centre site of Sudbury Regional Hospital at about 1 p.m. An Amber Alert is issued when police believe a child has been abducted and may be in danger. Sudbury police held a news conference Thursday afternoon and expressed concern about the woman's psychological state.

Police also released an image from a hospital surveillance camera showing the unidentified woman carrying what appeared to be a swaddled infant. The suspect was apparently wearing white hospital scrubs, and police said that pointed to a premeditated decision.

About 100 police officers were posted along highways leading out of Sudbury, and they were searching all vehicles for the suspect and infant.

Local transit services were delayed as police searched across the city for the suspect. The hospital called police and stepped up security after the baby was reported missing.

http://www.thestar.com/News/article/272732

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

this was all over tv and radio yesterday around here...i'm glad the baby was found....i wonder if the woman miscarried or something, shes obviously fucked up

The hospitals in NYC have alarms that go off if someone takes a newborn including the parents out before the have checked out the baby.   It's something they put on the baby that will trigger an alarm.   Thank god the baby was returned safely.

It's scary going out with a baby that 0-3 months that's when you have to worry about these bastards out there that so desperately want a baby that they will resort to kidnapping, I see alot of these stories on Court TV and Nancy Grace.

I feel bad for people that can have kids or that lost their babies but you can steal other babies, that's insane.

Board footer