You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Weird Quirks You Have

I have one, I hate when anybody touches my face.   I really don't even like my son doing it but I tolorate him...LOL

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I have an eating disorder if that counts!

Do you really?   What kind, if may ask, you don't have to answer.   

Since my Dad, I have been eating alot, I have just started to get myself back on my usual eating habits.  I can really binge when I want to.  17

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

I can't tolerate seeing an empty electrical plug socket with the switch turned on.  I've interrupted meetings at work to switch them off if I've spotted them and will switch them off even in shops or in people's houses.

I have to eat with a particular fork.  I'm not freaky enough to need to take it with me when I eat out (what if I lost it?) but I would turn the house over til I found it rather than use another at home.

I can't stand people being too close to me either.  I probably have a million bizarre quirks but they all seem normal to me, except the plug one.  Even I know it's not normal to practically hyperventilate over a socket big_smile

Wow, you have to eat with a particular fork, that's interesting.

I do have a think with close talkers, I know a few and it's unsettling.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I have a moderate case of OCD.  So it usually takes me a good twenty minutes to leave the house every day.  I must check the ashtrays and make sure all the cigs are out.  And for some reason I always have to make sure my bedroom is in respectable shape.  So between checking the ashtrays in the living room, bathroom, my room, and making sure my room is clean I'm fit to be tied.  I've had it since I was in my late teens.  It went away when I was used to drink and be high all the time, but its come back something fierce since I've been clean.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Since my Dad, I have been eating alot, I have just started to get myself back on my usual eating habits.  I can really binge when I want to.  17

Its really hard to explain, but basicly I don't eat most foods. And by that i mean like 95% of foods i've never eaten and never tried to eat. Simple things you'd have had thousands of times i've never even thouched - like cheese or pasta or an orange. But thats cos i can't make myself desire them, like in my head they are like non-foods would be.

So like if i see you eating a bowl of rice, even if I havn't eaten anything myself in like a day, i wont feel any hunger for it, cos from my POV its like your eating a bowl of nails or paperclips!! Just doesn't *look* like food to me even though my rational mind knows it is.

Wierd huh?

I've tried to change it but its insanely hard for me to eat something new. I've been known to start vomiting (not intentionally) from it.

Oh and on top of all that i'm also a vegitarian!

So basicly I live off the few things i can eat. These days I do that reasonably healthily cos i've seen some nutritionists to balance it out. But when i was in my teens i used to live off like KFC french fries and stuff like that. And i got to like  125kg (which is like 275 pounds i think). I then got my act together and went nuts exercising until i got really thin to 60kg (which i think is about 130 for you usa people).

I stayed that way for about 3 years through a forced embargo on french fries!! I'm like a junkie - its easier for me to have none than it is to only have them sometimes like once a month or something. Anyway an ex-girlfriend pressured me that it was ok to eat junk food sometimes - and sadly thats kinda led me back into darkness and i've been eating some crap again....these days I'm about 80kg or 176 pounds...which i guess isn't too bad considering i'm 5'10 - but wouldn't wanna get much heavier.

So yeah in short i'm crazy and cant eat most stuff without a lot of councilling, and then have an addiction to the worst foods for you at the same time!

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
luckylittlelady wrote:

I can't tolerate seeing an empty electrical plug socket with the switch turned on.  I've interrupted meetings at work to switch them off if I've spotted them and will switch them off even in shops or in people's houses.

Hmm...interesting i find that annoys me when i see it but not enough for me to get upset or actually do anything about it!!

monkeychow wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Its really hard to explain, but basicly I don't eat most foods. And by that i mean like 95% of foods i've never eaten and never tried to eat. Simple things you'd have had thousands of times i've never even thouched - like cheese or pasta or an orange. But thats cos i can't make myself desire them, like in my head they are like non-foods would be.

So like if i see you eating a bowl of rice, even if I havn't eaten anything myself in like a day, i wont feel any hunger for it, cos from my POV its like your eating a bowl of nails or paperclips!! Just doesn't *look* like food to me even though my rational mind knows it is.

Wierd huh?

I've tried to change it but its insanely hard for me to eat something new. I've been known to start vomiting (not intentionally) from it.

Oh and on top of all that i'm also a vegitarian!

So basicly I live off the few things i can eat. These days I do that reasonably healthily cos i've seen some nutritionists to balance it out. But when i was in my teens i used to live off like KFC french fries and stuff like that. And i got to like  125kg (which is like 275 pounds i think). I then got my act together and went nuts exercising until i got really thin to 60kg (which i think is about 130 for you usa people).

I stayed that way for about 3 years through a forced embargo on french fries!! I'm like a junkie - its easier for me to have none than it is to only have them sometimes like once a month or something. Anyway an ex-girlfriend pressured me that it was ok to eat junk food sometimes - and sadly thats kinda led me back into darkness and i've been eating some crap again....these days I'm about 80kg or 176 pounds...which i guess isn't too bad considering i'm 5'10 - but wouldn't wanna get much heavier.

So yeah in short i'm crazy and cant eat most stuff without a lot of councilling, and then have an addiction to the worst foods for you at the same time!

Wow, never heard of this before.   Is something you have had since a very young child something you were born with or is it something that has to do with weight issues and developed?   This sounds very serious, do you go to counseling on a regular basis or just live with it.

Tommie, I have a similiar OCD thing, when I use the iron I have to unplug it and stare that the unplugged iron to get a picture in my head so that when I am in work I am not asking myself did I shut the iron?

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Tommie, I have a similiar OCD thing, when I use the iron I have to unplug it and stare that the unplugged iron to get a picture in my head so that when I am in work I am not asking myself did I shut the iron?

Exactly!  I usually empty the ashtrays in the toilet.  Then I take them back to where the originally go, and flip them upside down and look at them so I can get the mental image in my head.  But I end up doing it like ten or so times.

Board footer