You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Re: Rush "playing" Tom Sawyer on Rock band

Dreamline wrote:

Don't know if there's any Rush fans around here, but the Rock Band game has been on our radar lately and this was pretty funny to watch.  Although Rock Band, Guitar Hero, etc are fun, I've always been sort of annoyed by this type of video game because it's churning out a breed of gamers who now think they're rock stars because they can push buttons in-sync to colored icons.  When the original artists can't even play their own song, I think it pretty much proves that being good at rhythm games and being a real musician are not the same thing.

The Canadian rock power trio RUSH appeared on The Colbert Report last Wednesday, performing an extended version of their hit 'Tom Sawyer' that reached into the beginning Thursday's show. Before they took the stage, Alex, Geddy, and Neil accepted our challenge to perform 'Tom Sawyer' as part of the video game Rock Band. Check it out!

http://www.colbertnation.com/?p=1657

Geddy obviously has no problem with the vocals, but Neil is struggling and Alex looks like he's gonna cry. lol

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

The only thing I find annoying is when people are like, "Why don't you play real guitar" or something like that.

I guess I should steal cars and kill hookers instead of playing GTA?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Rex wrote:

The only thing I find annoying is when people are like, "Why don't you play real guitar" or something like that.

I have said that 16 But only to people who are already guitarists...like the bassist in my band was like "hey after band practice come over to my joint and we can play SCOM on Guitar Hero" and I didn't quite get why we didn't just play it with our own instruments 20 mins earlier wink

But it does drive me nuts when I talk about guitar, then meet a person who says "I can play Hangar 18" and it turns out we're talking about xbox not instruments!

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:

Ahahaha good point, Rex.  Guess it is better getting your car-stealing, hooker-killing fix from GTA rather than in real life. big_smile

monkeychow wrote:

But it does drive me nuts when I talk about guitar, then meet a person who says "I can play Hangar 18" and it turns out we're talking about xbox not instruments!

Yeah.  That's what I was trying to say.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

16 Reminds me of this episode: 3

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/1 … ar+Queer-o

It's a cool game though.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
Dreamline wrote:

Ahahaha good point, Rex.  Guess it is better getting your car-stealing, hooker-killing fix from GTA rather than in real life. big_smile

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah.  That's what I was trying to say.

I didn't think you meant it any other way.  sorry if it came off that way.

I agree it's really stupid when people are like "I can play this or that" and they're talking about Guitar Hero.  .

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

warriorpriestess
 Rep: 5