You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Re: Long-lost text lifts cloud from Knights Templar

Tommie wrote:

MSN Tracking Image
  MSNBC.com
Long-lost text lifts cloud from Knights Templar
700-year-old document shows pope absolved order of heresy charges
The Associated Press
Updated: 4:10 p.m. ET Oct 12, 2007

ROME - The Vatican has published secret documents about the trial of the Knights Templar, including a parchment '” long ignored because of a vague catalog entry in 1628 '” showing that Pope Clement V initially absolved the medieval order of heresy.

The 300-page volume recently came out in a limited edition '” 799 copies '” each priced at $8,377, said Scrinium publishing house, which prints documents from the Vatican's secret archives.

The order of knights, which ultimately disappeared because of the heresy scandal, recently captivated the imagination of readers of the best-seller 'The Da Vinci Code,' which linked the Templars to the story of the Holy Grail.

The Vatican work reproduces the entire documentation of the papal hearings convened after King Philip IV of France arrested and tortured Templar leaders in 1307 on charges of heresy and immorality.

The military order of the Poor Knights of Christ and of the Temple of Solomon was founded in 1118 in Jerusalem to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land after the First Crusade.

As their military might increased, the Templars also grew in wealth, acquiring property throughout Europe and running a primitive banking system. After they left the Middle East with the collapse of the Crusader kingdoms, their power and secretive ways aroused the fear of European rulers and sparked accusations of corruption and blasphemy.

Accused by an indebted king
Historians believe Philip owed debts to the Templars and used the accusations to arrest their leaders and extract, under torture, confessions of heresy as a way to seize the order's riches.

The publishing house said the new book includes the 'Parchment of Chinon,' a 1308 decision by Clement to save the Templars and their order.

The Vatican archives researcher who found the parchment said Friday that it probably had been ignored because the 1628 catalog entry on the 40-inch-wide parchment was 'too Spartan, too vague.'

'Unfortunately, there was an archiving error, an error in how the document was described,' the researcher, Barbara Frale, said in a telephone interview from her home in Viterbo, north of Italy.

'More than an error, it was a little sketchy,' she said.

The parchment, in remarkably good condition considering its 700 years, apparently had last been consulted at the start of the 20th century, Frale said, surmising that its significance must have not have been realized then.

Burned at the stake
Frale said she was intrigued by the 1628 entry because, while it apparently referred to some minor matter, it noted that three top cardinals, including the right-hand man of Clement, Berenger Fredol, had made a long journey to interrogate someone.

'Going on with my research, it turned out that in reality it was an inquest of very great importance' on behalf of the pope, Frale said. Fredol 'had gone to question the Great Master and other heads of the Templars who had been segregated, practically kidnapped, by the king of France and shut up in secret in his castle in Chinon on the Loire.'

According to the Vatican archives Web site, the parchment shows that Clement initially absolved the Templar leaders of heresy, though he did find them guilty of immorality, and that he planned to reform the order.

However, pressured by Philip, Clement later reversed his decision and suppressed the order in 1312.

Jacques de Molay, Grand Master of the Templars, was burned at the stake in 1314 along with his aides.

Surviving monks fled. Some were absorbed by other orders; over the centuries, various groups have claimed to have descended from the Templars.

© 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21267691/
MSN Privacy . Legal
© 2007 MSNBC.com

----------

This book would be so interesting to read.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Does it mean De molay didn't need dying this way ?
Does it mean his curse now lifts ?
Does it means his descendants can be free ?

I know, weird questions, but truth is coming out, so things are going to change. For some people.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I wonder if the Vatican is going to try to whitewash or censor any of the information in the books?  I could see them blacking stuff out (IE like the US Government does with classified material) , or just totally omitting some pages.

the_real_jessica

I wouldn't be surprised.

Out of all the people in the world, these are the ones i will definately never trust and will probably die wishing them the very worst.

I cannot be neutral when i think about it all.

I know the templars were crushed, most their titles money and possessions went to the knight of St John afterwards ( who became Knights of Malta and who created the order bearing the same name).

I keep wondering about these 7 knights templar and their " treasure".

What did they find ?

Was it archeological, ideological, financial ?

Or did they just find freedom ?

All i hope is, should someone or some organisation bomb the vatican one day ( which they probably will), i hope they plan well enough to keep the vaults and the library standing, because much of the world's truth is in them.

Wether you're atheist or not, catholic or muslim, scientific evidences happen to be in there too.

We're all concerned.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Although interesting I'm sure these documents will be heavily censored and flawed.

I'm of the belief that the Templars found something in the middle east that enabled them to acquire immense wealth and power in a short period of time, eventually threatening the pope and the establishment.

What happened then is uncertain, some say they got exterminated, others say a few escaped with the hidden knowledge and secretly built their power again, ultimately gaining effective control of the papacy through the Society Of Jesus (Black Pope).

Whatever happened, there's no doubt that something mysterious happened on those Crusades, and continued to happen with the expeditions of the Nazi's and most recently the U.S in Iraq (Babylonia). So the Templars might be over and done with, but the knowledge they used are still around and in use by the powers that be.

the_real_jessica

Well, Hitler did find out something :

Jesus was never crucified.

Although he already knew about it, the nazis found parchments mentionning Jesus, son of the King, being captured ans sent to work as a slave in mines.

He came out past 70 years old ( extraordinary old age if you look at the frame time) and left for france where Marie Madeleine already was with her uncle, her children and other family members and close ones.

Apparently, she placed all her kids in the best then royal families, their name being Del Aqua.

The arthurian tables speak of a del aqua being married to arthur or someone.
Also, the germans became anti jews when marie madeleine had a son marry into the royal line and it passed onto her family, meaning the saxons started to be ruled by immensely wealthy " strangers" and that's when the hatred apparenty started.

So, maybe the templars found enough evidence to threaten both papal and royal powers ?

Maybe this 2000 year old carnage is all linked to one same thing :

There is one and unique royal lineage, that unites norh and south, east and west through blood, that goes back to ancient pharaohs and that is immensely wealthy, making them the heirs to :

the world.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Jesus was put on the cross.

the_real_jessica

Pride&Glory wrote:

Jesus was put on the cross.

How can you prove this ?

Other than by a book written centuries after his supposed death i mean

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Cause that book was taken from the words of the men who witnessed it. And I have faith in my beliefs and to say he wasn't put on the cross sounds like total bullshit to me. This is the first I have heard of the "slavery" angle and I haven't come across anything or anyone who has ever heard about it. I would especially never believe something the Nazi's claim to be true. Jesus was the king of the Jews and to me it just seems to be a story trying to discredit Jesus and everything he did. Much like everyone else in the world trying to replace Jesus. Our savior.

the_real_jessica

So you also believe that:

A man put on a cross in scorching hot temperatures, drenched in his own blood, probably already rotting due to insects feeding on his blood,

A man dead, taken into a cave, again in very hot temperatures, already decomposing because of it, his corpse spending 3 days in that place when it SCIENTICALLY TAKES TWO IN HOT TEMPERATURES  TO BE DECOMPOSED, suddenly walks out and says " hi i am alive" ?

Do not tell me you believe CORPSES can walk ? i mean, closer to a skeleton really, and a smelly one at that...

Board footer