You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: New Bumblefoot Interview (w/ Shackler's Info)

Neemo wrote:

here's an excerpt from an interview in Brazilian Magazine Rock Brigade - October Issue

Any news about the negotiations regarding the release?

Azoff and Gould are the guys to fill you in on all that stuff. If I do their job, then they're gonna have to play Don't Cry next tour instead of me. Who knows, that might be an improvement, haha. Better lobster.

How was to record Shackler's Revenge? You did the solo (with your fretless), some rhythm in the pre-chorus and the last shredding in the ending, right?

If I remember right (barely remember anything more than 5 minutes ago, haha) it was one of the first songs we worked on. I played all the solos - the fretless solo followed by the fretted solo, the end tapping stuff and the bends over it - also the rhythms throughout the song with all the riffing in them.

What do you think about the song?

I like the energy and groove, the vocals really grab ya, I don't think it's what people expect, like tasting somethin' for the first time... it takes a second to take in the info and sort it, then ya gotta taste it again, and ya start getting to know what you're tasting, trying to define it, and figure out if ya like it or not. That's how you know it's something unique, not your standard... chicken dinner.

Is the song the first single? Will it be available to legal downloading?

We'll have to see what management feels is the best route to go with all of that....

Did you read any review of the song yet?

That stuff will warp your brain, haha. Music is personal, different for everyone who hears it. Some will love the song, others won't, some are too biased to be objective. There will be people that feel like the name of a band should have one set definition of what the music should sound like. I don't agree. I'm a Beatles fan. What I love about the Beatles is how much they grew and evolved - if you listen to I Wanna Hold Your Hand, then listen to I Dig A Pony, you'd never know it was the same band. I'm sure some of the fans they had when the band were just kids singin' British doo-wop rock in '62 weren't all up for the ride as the band became loud blues rock guys with their faces buried behind beards. The same with Guns, the band changed over time, and the sound changed, and it will inevitably keep on changin'. 50 years from now, I hope people will look back and appreciate the changes, see it as a life span, and understand more about the events and the statements made in the music. Right now we're all part of the moment. There's no distance from it, to give us perspective. I'd like to read the reviews that will be written in 50 years, those are the ones I want to see.

read the rest here
http://www.bumblefoot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3971

Thanks to Bumblefoot

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

So Welcome to the jungle is GN'R's I Wanna Hold Your Hand and The Blues is Dig a Pony, right? While I see how Beatles got better over the years (7 or 8 years), I don't see the pattern, since IMO GN'R was better in 1987-1993. Good interview btw, thanks for posting.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

That's how you know it's something unique, not your standard... chicken dinner.

14 Nice. Very nice.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

Mikkamakka wrote:

So Welcome to the jungle is GN'R's I Wanna Hold Your Hand and The Blues is Dig a Pony, right? While I see how Beatles got better over the years (7 or 8 years), I don't see the pattern, since IMO GN'R was better in 1987-1993. Good interview btw, thanks for posting.

your incessant whining does not grate whatsoever.....

MOVE THE FUCK ON, jesus christ!

"oh woe is me wheres all the blues based hard rock, i want GNR to be the next ACDC, i cant possibly live without slash in the band, lets talk about sweet child o mine all day, my preconceived notions are preventing me from ever enjoying the new material, oh boohoo fucking hoo"

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Saboteur wrote:

AAAAAAA

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

Yeah, that's a bit of shock since so many were convinced that it was BH.  Either way, a kick ass solo is a kick ass solo, so good job Ron!

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

"oh woe is me wheres all the blues based hard rock, i want GNR to be the next ACDC, i cant possibly live without slash in the band, lets talk about sweet child o mine all day, my preconceived notions are preventing me from ever enjoying the new material, oh boohoo fucking hoo"

Lay off people. It's really lame.

On topic: note any idea when this interview was done?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

ron posted it on his forum last night AxlS wink

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

The point Bumblefoot is making is simply that The Beatles spread their wings and didn't get pigeon-holed into one genre, nothing more than that.  You could make similiar arguments about Metallica.  What anyone thinks of the music is subjective.

While I agree, where his analogy loses steam is that it was the same four Beatles making both of those songs.  It would really be closer to accurate to compare Hold Your Hand to Instant Karma, or something.

Board footer