You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Supporting Baz [and Axl].. who will buy Angel Down?

is it Nov 20th yet? big_smile

I'm ready to hear it all.   I really like whats on it so far.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I'll definatly get  it. In fact, I cant wait!

GrizzDotCom
 Rep: 3 

GrizzDotCom wrote:

I'll buy it.  I've only heard 2 tracks put the quality of the mp3's was ropey so the fact that i wasn't keen hasn't put me off too much.  Nothing to do with supporting Axl though, my buying of this album, i would of been getting it anyway.  Recently i've got back into the "Buying" of albums, it was getting to be somewhat of a lost art for me, getting into a bad habit of too much downloading of albums, banging into my playlists and shuffling tracks around and the album loses it's quality then, recently i've really enjoyed buying some class album, unwrapping, looking at the booklet and all that jazz.  I've been real keen on Sebastian for years, loved his stuff with Skid Row, but since then i've been a bit indifferent to his stuff.  See for me the dude can sing, hell we all know that, he has a great set of pipes on him, but he isn't much of a songwriter and it's a shame that he's seemingly been available all these years and hardly any top class writers have thought, fuck, i'll utilise him.  Instead he's done that lame Last Hard Men which he himself has slated, a live album which was decent, covering Skid Row tunes, although the 5 or so new studio tracks with it were medicore and he's appeared on loads of tribute albums, so that stuffs been hit and miss.  Obviously he's also done Jesus Christ Superstar and some Vh1 shows but the only thing of any real value he's done, IMHO was Absence of Empathy with Frameshift, now that is a top class album, well worth nabbing, so yeah i'm really hopefully that i'll go down to the shop, get the album in my grubby paws and he'll finally of lived up to this potential he's had all these years and failed to use since he left the Skids...

Welcome to the board GrizzDotCom.  5

I agree with getting back to buying albums, not only is is great to support the artist but you get all the album art and liner sheets.  It's true how you fall into a habit of just downloading and never really getting the full package of CDs anymore.    I remember when Baz was in Jekyll and Hyde on Broadway and he was excellent also my favorite play btw, sucks it's not running anymore.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

russtcb wrote:

I almost pre-ordered the CD from walmart.com today but right before I confirmed, I remembered they only sell edited stuff. Sucks too cuz it was $9 on there!

Edited?   What would they edit?  I don't think I have ever heard of that before, editing a cd.

GrizzDotCom
 Rep: 3 

GrizzDotCom wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I almost pre-ordered the CD from walmart.com today but right before I confirmed, I remembered they only sell edited stuff. Sucks too cuz it was $9 on there!

Edited?   What would they edit?  I don't think I have ever heard of that before, editing a cd.

I'm guessing he means censoring words like "Fuck"....

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

russtcb wrote:
GrizzDotCom wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I'm guessing he means censoring words like "Fuck"....

Yep, exactly that. In order to sell your CD at Walmart, they have to get an edited version with no swearing whatsoever.

Well that's no fun shake.gif

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer