You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Baz: VR or Axl?

buzzsaw wrote:

To all the people that think Baz stumbled onto the gnr thing: How exactly do you think Axl got Baz's cell phone number to text him?  Is there some underground washed up former singer phone book he has access to?  If so, I'd like to get Susanna Hoff's number please.

I think they said it was Doc McGhee.. who was Baz's manager from back in the SR days and also for that supergroup reality show he was on at the time.

bringbackadler wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

I don't care about those who are hailing now Bach cause he's friends with Axl. Had he joined VR, the same guys would have hated the shit outta him. I think VR could have been the greatest GN'R tribute band of the world with Baz - thanks to God and Slash, they decided not to sign him. It's great that the guy found Axl (or Axl found him) and he gets some media attention. I can only hope that he'll rejoin Skid Row once gain, cause that was the shit. Slave is one of my Top10 favourite albums of all time 9

Agreed.

bba

This is what I find odd about you BBA, if you think that Skid Row was the shit, then how can you possibly call Baz a has been.  If he was to get back together with Skid Row, the music he's making now would sound the same as he is making now.   Just doesn't make sense here.

As far as Baz hooking up with Axl as a back up plan, I don't think so.  They were very good friends back in the day and probably lost touch and then as per Baz, Axl texted him one day and then the rest is recent history. 

Buzzsaw, it's not hard to find out someones phone number, he could have just asked around for it, contacted Baz's management, maybe they have mutual friends, etc.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I think he stumbled into the Axl thing. The picture I got from the Trunk interview was that Axl called Baz, so I think he just kinda walked into a backup plan.

I agree, they happened 4+ years apart. I don't think it's a revenge type thing. And he certainly didn't have it as a "backup plan" in 2002.

Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

either way, he's making better music than VR, so it worked out in the end.

You're kidding right?? I'm just gonna leave this one alone and find out a week after Nov 20th how much better it is!! lol lol 16

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

To all the people that think Baz stumbled onto the gnr thing: How exactly do you think Axl got Baz's cell phone number to text him?  Is there some underground washed up former singer phone book he has access to?  If so, I'd like to get Susanna Hoff's number please.

You're telling me that you honestly think Axl Rose would have a hard time getting pretty much anyone on Earth's phone number? They all know a TON of the same people in the industry. Not to mention the fact that Axl was in NYC at the time where I'm sure Bach's worked with tons of people through the Broadway connection.

So Axl is just sitting around and says "I want to call Baz" and he texts him?  I don't buy that for a second.

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You're telling me that you honestly think Axl Rose would have a hard time getting pretty much anyone on Earth's phone number? They all know a TON of the same people in the industry. Not to mention the fact that Axl was in NYC at the time where I'm sure Bach's worked with tons of people through the Broadway connection.

So Axl is just sitting around and says "I want to call Baz" and he texts him?  I don't buy that for a second.

Come on Buzzsaw you're better then that.  Axl living his life, chats with someone they start talking about Baz, he says you know I gotta get intouch with him. 

Not everything both Baz or Axl do is for a reason business wise, they are old time friends, haven't you ever contacted or been contacted or ran into an old friend?

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Pretty much... but out of curiousity what do you think it's about?? Related to VR or trying to get publicity or something. I'm just curious to know.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Come on Buzzsaw you're better then that.  Axl living his life, chats with someone they start talking about Baz, he says you know I gotta get intouch with him. 

Not everything both Baz or Axl do is for a reason business wise, they are old time friends, haven't you ever contacted or been contacted or ran into an old friend?

Not one I hoped to leech off of.  big_smile

Seriously, I guess that's possible, but I highly doubt Axl's only friend was Bach.  Why him and why not ANYBODY else?  Why after 10 years of being a hermit?  Why after not talking to Baz in ages?  There's more to it somewhere.  I'm not saying there's some big conspiracy, but it isn't as simple as people want to write it off as either.  Maybe Baz helped Axl years ago and Axl thought he could help him now.  Maybe they just had a good time getting high together.  Whatever it is doesn't have to be bad, but there almost has to be more to it than just calling him after that long to say hi.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

didnt baz say that he happened to run into Axl in NY or something? then axl called him back a few days later...that seems to be how i remember the story going hmm

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Maybe Baz helped Axl years ago and Axl thought he could help him now.  Maybe they just had a good time getting high together.  Whatever it is doesn't have to be bad, but there almost has to be more to it than just calling him after that long to say hi.

Well yeah I'm sure there's SOMETHING to it. But it just wasn't orchestrated or any reason to do it. They just got together & jammed & did it, recording a few tracks for a friend. I don't think he just woke up & said "I'm going to record on Bach's nexxt album".

I think Neemo may be right, I think Baz heard Axl was in NYC & told someone to tell him he says "Hi". Axl got the messege & asked whomever for his ph#.

Board footer