You are not logged in. Please register or login.

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

Re: Chinese Democracy Official Tracklist

Holy fuck! This is the news we've been waiting to hear forever. Biggest news ever regarding this album i think.

To be honest I'm happy enough. From Axl's point of view, 8 of the 14 songs have been made public officially which is ok. On one level its disappointing not to hear new songs but on another, its great to wrap up all these songs once and for all.

What if we never heard a full version of Catcher, don't think anyone predicted it would be on the album. As for This I Love, I thought was a lost song and didn't think we'd ever hear it. Its the most mythical song of all. Everyone always assumed thes wouldn't make the album, so this is great news to have these two songs.

Perhaps Axl decided the second album will be all brand new material. It has to be, unless he includes Oh My God which is unlikely. His idea might be, get all the songs people have heard out of the way, plus a couple more of the most talked about songs (This I Love and Sorry), I wild card and then the next album can be a complete surprise.

It would make sense if scraped was checkmate because it would every song we've heard in some is on the album. I think this is good, it wraps up that old era, we get all those songs that have been worked on for ages and Axl and the band can move on.

On the name change, I think the Blues is a very generic name for a song so I'm happy he changed it. Not that it really matters, I guess.

The only surprise -

How come There Was A Time doesn't finish the album. That solo:drool::buckethead:

I always thought it was a perfect finish. Oh well, I love prostitute so...

One more thing...we know that all these songs have been around for years and years. Why wasn't this album released in 2004 or earlier.

This I Love goes back to 1993/94 interview
IRS, TWAT, Catcher, CD, Madagascar and Prostitute were mentioned in the RS interview (1999) (not sure if they were all mentioned but they were all around back then)
Street of Dreams and Rhiad were played in 2002
Better and If The World have BH on guitar (pre-2004)
Scraped and Shacklers have buckethead credits (pre-2004)
Sorry mentioned by Bach in late 2006

So at least 13 of the 14 songs hark back to before Buckethead left 4 years ago and that was the number of songs mentioned by Axl in the RS interview a couple of years back. So he's spent 4 years fine tuning. Or working on a future album

Sky Dog wrote:

HTGTH will put an end to this if it isn't true.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

this comes from the head mod over at chinese democracy, sort oflike the jarmo from there.

http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/forum/g … 7.315.html
I can't go back and read 22 pages. I am sorry but I've been too busy lately and haven't been on line so much.

so here are  few notes about the album.

1. It is true that the album is coming out on 23rd of November.
2. An official announcement will be made soon directly from Axl.
3. The artwork we've seen is the official CD cover
4. The tracklist is legit but the songs won't be on disc with this order.

Captain Winkler

if its not the right order then that kind of supersedes the whole song 2 must be prostitute because of the lengthy outro argument.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

man some of you need to chillout and stop posting gibberish...complain about the complainers who are complaining 16 geez its understandable that soem wont be overwhelmed

anyway onto the tracklist

CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

1. Chinese Democracy
2. Scraped
3. Shackler's Revenge
4. Street Of Dreams
5. If The World
6. Better
7. This I Love
8. There Was A Time
9. Riad N' The Bedovins
10. Sorry
11. I.R.S.
12. Catcher
13. Madagascar
14. Prostitute

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp … id=1925067

this is obviously does 2 things...gets the album out and gets out all the hoarded material...and with some songs being 6-7 years old maybe they figure people will have some familiarity with the material which could help them in the radio singles side of things

anyway i'm getting more and more exicited as things come out...still waiting on the official official word though

i imagine all these songs will be different in some capacity since ron and frank (and maybe richard) have added to them since what we've all heard

the street of dreams is a cool title...like it better than "the blues" and i think that particular lyric is the strongest point in the song

i cant wait to put this song 2 debate to rest and obvious to hear the other 3 tracks we havent heard yet 9

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

this comes from the head mod over at chinese democracy, sort oflike the jarmo from there.

I can't go back and read 22 pages. I am sorry but I've been too busy lately and haven't been on line so much.

interesting...one thing is for sure...song 2 doesnt sit well between CD and shacklers revenge

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

if its not the right order then that kind of supersedes the whole song 2 must be prostitute because of the lengthy outro argument.

No it doesn't. Just because the songs are out of order does NOT mean Prostitute is not the last song on the album. It could be that the other 13 are out of order.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

interesting...one thing is for sure...song 2 doesnt sit well between CD and shacklers revenge

Song 2 is Prostitute. And it will be proven soon enough.

Captain Winkler

no it isnt

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

no it isnt

WTF is your problem? Seriously. The notion that somehow "the tracks are out of order" means that ALL of the tracks are out of order is delusional. DELUSIONAL. Song 2 is likely the last song on the album, and it's pretty fuckin' obvious to me that it's Prostitute. He says the damn word in the song itself and the song has been described by Beltrami as "fire and ice." There's obvious Beltrami orchestration in Song 2. You might want to come to terms with the fact that Prostitute is not the greatest song ever and that it's not some great big mystery. We already have it.

Board footer