You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Re: 24 Season 7

Tommie wrote:

They released the first promo for season 7.  Although it doesn't start till January, it looks awesome.  Be forwarned, there is a very big spoiler in it.  Someone that was previously thought dead, comes back in a big way. 

Tommie

Tommie wrote:

Fuuuuckkk!

2.gif

24 Yanked From FOX's Schedule

November 7, 2007 - FOX has released a revised lineup for the 2007 - 2008 television season, and 24 is not a part of it. This wasn't completely unexpected, as the network and the show's producers were said to be strongly considering not running the show at all this season, given the current writers strike. With only about 8 episodes completed (some reports say 9), the show, which is centered around their heavily serialized, 24 episode format, would be extremely off-balance were they to simply run those finished episodes now and then have fans go through a prolonged wait until the rest of the season was completed and ready to air. As the FOX press release puts it: "24 PREMIERE POSTPONED TO ENSURE 'DAY 7' PROVIDES NON-STOP ACTION"

The last 24 episode ran in May, so fans will hardly be excited to hear they will now have to wait an indeterminate time to get new episodes. With the length of the strike unknown, it's impossible to say yet whether the show would now come back in the fall, or perhaps not until early 2009. 24 was renewed through Season 8 earlier this year and Season 7 was currently in production. Assuming the episodes shot next season will now consist of the remainder of "Day 7" rather than "Day 8", it's unknown whether these events would result in the show adding another year of production on to their current deal or if "Day 8" may no longer occur, unless an additional renewal happens.

The two night premiere of 24 was to run January 13th and 14th, but Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (already slated to debut on January 14th) will now instead become a two-night event.

FOX also notes a "Mix of Original and Encore Episodes to Begin in January", which seems to hint that they will stagger the remaining new episodes of shows like Bones, Prison Break and 'Til Death with repeats, to get a bit more time before they reach their earlier than expected season finales.

Below is the FOX press release for their revised lineup.

FOX ANNOUNCES REVISED LINEUP FOR 2007-08 SEASON

"AMERICAN IDOL" RETURNS WITH 2-NIGHT, 4-HOUR PREMIERE
TUESDAY, JAN. 15, AND WEDNESDAY, JAN. 16

ADDITIONAL PREMIERE DATES INCLUDE:
"TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES" JAN. 13 AND 14;
"THE MOMENT OF TRUTH" JAN. 23; "NEW AMSTERDAM" FEB. 22; "UNHITCHED" MARCH 2;
"WHEN WOMEN RULE THE WORLD" MARCH 3;
"THE RETURN OF JEZEBEL JAMES" MARCH 7;
"HELL'S KITCHEN" APRIL 1; AND "CANTERBURY'S LAW" APRIL 11

MIX OF ORIGINAL AND ENCORE EPISODES TO BEGIN IN JANUARY;
"BONES" MOVES TO FRIDAYS STARTING JAN. 4;
"PRISON BREAK" RETURNS TO MONDAYS JAN. 14;
"'TIL DEATH" MOVES TO FRIDAYS BEGINNING MARCH 7;
"BACK TO YOU" AIRS WEDNESDAYS AT 9:30 PM AS OF MARCH 12

"24" PREMIERE POSTPONED TO ENSURE "DAY 7"
PROVIDES NON-STOP ACTION

In light of the recently announced strike by The Writers Guild of America, FOX has revised its lineup for January and the remainder of the 2007-2008 season. (The new schedule is subject to change, pending resolution of the strike.)

The highly anticipated drama TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES will have a two-night premiere on Sunday, Jan. 13 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) and Monday, Jan. 14 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), the show's regular time period. PRISON BREAK, which has its last November airing on Monday, Nov. 12 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT), returns to Mondays (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) beginning Jan. 14.

The seventh season premiere of 24 is being postponed to ensure that "Day 7" can air uninterrupted, in its entirety.

Television's No. 1 show, AMERICAN IDOL, returns for Season Seven with a two-night, four-hour premiere event Tuesday, Jan. 15 and Wednesday, Jan. 16 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). New game show THE MOMENT OF TRUTH premieres Wednesday, Jan. 23 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT).

Two popular FOX dramas take over Friday nights starting Friday, Jan. 4, when BONES has its time period premiere at 8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT and encores of HOUSE begin weekly appointments at 9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT. Comedy 'TIL DEATH also moves to Fridays, beginning with the time period premiere on Friday, March 7 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT).

HOUSE will air in its regular time period after AMERICAN IDOL on Tuesdays (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) starting Jan. 22, and also will encore on Mondays (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) beginning March 10. An original episode of HOUSE with guest star Mira Sorvino will immediately follow Super Bowl XLII on Sunday, Feb. 3, as previously announced.

In addition to AMERICAN IDOL, the Sunday-night animated comedies - THE SIMPSONS, KING OF THE HILL, FAMILY GUY and AMERICAN DAD - as well as ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5th GRADER?, DON'T FORGET THE LYRICS!, COPS and AMERICA'S MOST WANTED: AMERICA FIGHTS BACK all will continue with original episodes, while a mix of original and encore episodes is currently planned for HOUSE, BONES, 'TIL DEATH and BACK TO YOU. Encore episodes of BACK TO YOU will follow AMERICAN IDOL on Wednesdays (9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT) beginning March 12.

Several new and returning shows are set to premiere in the spring. The drama NEW AMSTERDAM debuts Friday, Feb. 22 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). The Farrelly Brothers comedy UNHITCHED premieres Sunday, March 2 (9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT) for a six-week run in the time period. On Monday, March 3, unscripted role-reversal series WHEN WOMEN RULE THE WORLD (working title) debuts (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT). Friday, March 7 marks the series premiere of comedy THE RETURN OF JEZEBEL JAMES (8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT). Fiery chef Gordon Ramsay suffers no fools on Tuesday, April 1 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), when HELL'S KITCHEN returns for Season Four. And new drama CANTERBURY'S LAW starts making its case Friday, April 11 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT).

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Wow, that sucks. Alot of shows are F**ed this season. I'm wondering what's going to happen to Lost. As for 24, I don't really watch it, but they should still try to make a season out of it. Either air the 8 this spring & return in the fall, or run them during the summer.

At first I was against this strike, but I read the writers are fighting for $$ from internet release, which I can understand. They should fight for their share from it. A bigger issue is the Directors & Acotrs guilds contracts are up next year & they will want their share of internet revenue as well. The production companies have to give in on this issue. Pretty soon we'll all just be downloading shows & watching them on HDTV monitors, so they need to plan ahead. Remember how the Gilligans Island cast got screwed out of millions for not anticipating the amount of $$ from syndication & reruns??!

FOX is supposedly in the drivers seat this spring, with American Idol they're going to air it just about every night. & the auditions episodes will go on for weeks.

Tommie

Tommie wrote:

I'll have to look for the link, but I read somewhere that Lost is going to air an 8 episode season, and that will be it for this year.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

This fucking sucks!!

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:

Damn.  I usually don't get to see this stuff until well after you guys because it comes out 6 to 8 months later over here.  I just finished Day 6 and the trailer for 7 got me pretty excited.  Now it looks like I won't see 7 until maybe 2009. sad

TRAILER SPOILERS BELOW:

Back to the original point of the thread, what did you think of the trailer?  I was excited to see the return of Tony.  I always liked his character and loved the scene when he came running in to save Jack in Day 3 (4?).  However, I really don't want this show to get too soap opera-like, with thought dead characters coming back.  24 is cool because you never know when sombody's gonna get killed, but randomly resurrecting characters could get lame real fast.  The writers better have a damn good reason why Tony is still alive, and also why he's turned sides (though I assume his motivation will be anger over Michelle's death.)

Tommie

Tommie wrote:

I'm glad they did something though.  His death scene in season 5 was horrible.  I mean Jack, Palmer, and Tony were by far the most popular characters and for Tony to get such a shitty death it just left a bad taste in my mouth.  I'd be willing to bet that he isnt the main villain though for season 7.  My guess is that about halfway through the season, we'd find out he's working undercover, or something.  B/c I really cant see the powers that be fucking up that character so bad.  I dunno I guess it doesnt really matter now though, since we wont be seeing it till god knows when.

Board footer