You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Re: Life on Planet Rock

Seven wrote:

Did anyone read this book? Any thought on whether its worth buying or how the original members responded to this book?

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Life on Planet Rock

Aussie wrote:

I read the book, it wasn't too bad.  As far as providing any great insights into Lonn and his life it doesn't really IMHO, it's quite superficial.  It's more a collection of anecdotes etc as oppposed to providing some great insight into his life and experience.  A classic example of this is throughout the book he mentions his wife and family and you learn that he split up with his wife. But never anywhere in the book does it tell you how and why they split up.  Whilst it occurred during the times he writes about in the book he basically totally ignores it.  I found that strange, particularly if its a book about his life.

As for the stories etc, they are not too bad.  A classic one in there about Lars and what an arrogant little dick he was at one point.

Obviously some decent Guns ones in there too - although nothing too salascious. 

It was a year or more ago when I read it so my memory is a bit scratchy on the details.  I borrowed the book off a mate, but even if I had paid $$'s for it myself I still think it was a worthwhile read.  Pretty light and easy reading.

I never heard of any of the original members commenting on it.

Board footer