You are not logged in. Please register or login.

rose_plant
 Rep: 0 

Re: Chinese Democracy Liner Note Discussions *EXTREME SPOILERS*

rose_plant wrote:

can anyone hook me up with a PM  please?

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I think some of you are nit-picking.  These are liner notes.  They didn't have to give us anything like this at all.  It could've just been "Guns N' Roses thanks everyone who made this possible" with no lyrics or pictures included.  At least it's something.  As for spelling errors and missing lyrics?  We're not dealing with rogue scholars.  It's a rock and roll band.  If you go back and check AFD and UYI liner notes, they have similar errors.

I just think it's great to finally know who does what.  So much fan bullshit has been accepted as fact for so long.  Now we have the facts.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

they are what they are.... no more guessing, i suppose...

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
estrangedpaul wrote:

Surprised its BH not Finck doing the solo on If The World - i was sure that was Finck - my ear isn't as good as i thought.

Someone on this board once said whoever was doing that solo had proved themselves to be the singular most important member of GNR. I agree.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Its not difficult to proof read a product before giving the thumbs up. I have sent business cards back more than 10 times to the printing company before they finally got it right and I agreed that was indeed finally correct.
Its not rocket science.

Surely this is just an old example copy, that someone has got hold of and leaked.

highend88
 Rep: 2 

highend88 wrote:

Buckethead does all solos on CD except Catcher, This I Love and Shackler's.
Personally I'm disappointed that Brian May solo did not feature on Catcher.
Other than that, I'm very satisfied with the album...

If Catcher will be release as a single, Is it possible that they release Brian May version on B sides maybe?

meanbone
 Rep: 0 

meanbone wrote:

Axl does thank Jarmo in the liner notes, i can see it before he thanks george chin

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:

I think Kimi Raikkonen is thanked because he invited Axl to the british grand prix in 2006...Axl even thanks some of the hotels he stayed in!

It's quite disappointing that most of the tracks seem to have been finished in 2001/02 though, as others have said the only additions seem to have been to fit new members on.  This sort of thing only makes the 02-08 delay even more inexplicable.

I also noted 'mixed by Andy Wallace, Axl Rose and Caram Costanzo' and then 'final mixing by Axl Rose and Caram Costanzo'.  Guess Axl thought Wallace's mixes weren't confusing enough and put a few more layers in hmm

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

meanbone wrote:

Axl does thank Jarmo in the liner notes, i can see it before he thanks george chin

Ah see that now, post edited.

Seems george chin was thanked twice also

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I'm suprised noone has commented on how he is no longer called W.Axl Rose - it seems Dubya has been given the boot!

Board footer