You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

Re: To Bucket, GNR is a 'dirty word'

bucketfan wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

and what of fortus...
would he have to go, or take a huuuuge backseat?

I forgot to mention Fortus.  If Bucket and Ron were on stage together, there would still be room for Fortus.  He can fill out the remaining rhythm guitar parts just like on the album.

JordanRose
 Rep: 6 

JordanRose wrote:

Wow. Amazing thread. Thanks to those who provided new info. May I ask, is the quote from the buckethead.tdk site actually by Bucket? It sounds like him talking about the situation in third person.

I'm absolutely gutted to hear that it's almost certain he wont return. It doesn't surprise me that he didn't click with Tommy. Tommy, who I spent time with on the Jesse malin tour 04, is personality-wise so opposite to Bucket and I can easily see him being a dick to him, juust taking the piss and being nasty about his eccentricities. I haven't heard that suggested anywhere, I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me if some of the band made Bucket feel unwelcome in ways. All those private photos of the 2006 tour of Robin, Richard, Tommy etc with all their kids, hanging out, showed how much the band had gelled and how close they'd become. I imagine Bucket never ever got 'in' with them.

I am really hopeful, because of Axl leaving Bucket all over the album, because of the Dr Pepper comment, because of Bucket being treated like a proper member in the booklet, and because Bucket is no doubt all over many future tracks for the next albums, that Axl WANTS Bucket to come back, whether just to record or to tour as well.

I believe that Richard is going nowhere. He is probably the only person bar Dizzy who isn't really fazed by the delays etc. He's a session player and he's never complained like most everyone else has in some way.

The band NEEDS three live players, the new songs will not work with two and there is no way Axl will go out with twoand I think to suggest otherwise at this point is daft.

So assuming Richard is in for life, I would love to see Bucket return in a perfect world. It would simply be a case of whether he would accept Ron or not.

As for Finck, of course anyone should take Bucket over him any day but I think the slagging he's getting here sucks. He fucks up a lot like but for Chrissakes, his Blues solo is magnificent, Better is his song and it fucking rocks, especially the outro which is up there with the best moment on the record; his Twat work is also fucking awesome, right through the verses and joining with Axl into Bucket's solo. Give him at least some friggin credit for the songs you've loved for years now.

I'd also say that from front row at the Hammerstein shows and many Euro 06 shows that Robin and Axl had amazing chemistry on stage and there was more warmth between them than any of the others and Axl. I saw Robin put his head on Axl's chest during a solo as Axl stood by him. And he absolutely loved those shows, crowdsurfed, told Axl 'Thhis is what I live for' and I can tell you that the fans down in the front really appreciated the energy he brought to those first four shows. He had Bucket's'Slash's shoes to fill in terms of presence and being the focal lead and had to compensate for Ron basically flying by the seat of his pants.

I'll say this much: if this new band goes out without either Robin or Bucket then something will be seriously fucking wrong. Because you cannot put out this album as it is and then go play it without the two fucking main guitarists. If that happens I'll feel as cheated as someone who went along to the HoB expecting to see Slash.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Unless you are talking live, Bucket does the Blues solo.

That quote you ask about, JordanRose, is attributed to Axl. I've never seen it.

Saul is wise in the ways of Bucket-related GNR news. Wait until his latest tidbit works its way here. He's been spot-on.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

sound like good news or bad?

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

He said something about suprises coming up soon.

I know its just speculation but there really are some indications that Buckethead could return, although I cant imagine him coming back if Brain isnt going to be touring and he was wiped off the myspace page as well.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

brain and finck are no longer on the myspace page as band members

i don't think that brain's involvement would be the determining factor in whether or not bucket returns but i am not bucket so i can't be certain

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

I Really Like Buckethead and I hope to see bucket soon in Guns N Roses, maybe He dont like to be a "in the know" cause he´s a great guitar player who dont need to the press.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
russtcb wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Unless you are talking live, Bucket does the Blues solo.

That quote you ask about, JordanRose, is attributed to Axl. I've never seen it.

Saul is wise in the ways of Bucket-related GNR news. Wait until his latest tidbit works its way here. He's been spot-on.

I saw something earlier today at htgth but he was saying that he really couldn't say anything from what I could tell.

I don't go to HTGTH anymore, so that's even more interesting.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
war wrote:

brain and finck are no longer on the myspace page as band members

i don't think that brain's involvement would be the determining factor in whether or not bucket returns but i am not bucket so i can't be certain

They are great friends, Buckets a sensitive guy and I'm sure if he was considering returning having his good friend alongside him on the road in that environment would be a huge factor.

Board footer