You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: VELVET REVOLVER Members Denied Japanese Visas; Tour Cancelled

monkeychow wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I'd beleive it...Australia has an issue with Snoop Dog comming in.

I thought he wasn't allowed in for the same reason he wasn't allowed into the UK...

Being stupid enough to bring drugs from country to country with him...

Well kinda...but it seems to be the criminal record that was the real problem

http://www.smh.com.au/news/music/look-w … 36538.html

"A spokeswoman for Mr Andrews said that, when Dogg came to Australia in February, the Department of Immigration told him it was concerned about his previous convictions, and, if he was convicted of anything else, it would be taken "very seriously".

"Since that time he has been convicted of drug and firearm offences, which has effectively caused the minister to be particularly reluctant to provide a visa for him," she said.

Earlier this month the rapper pleaded no contest to felony, gun and drug charges in a US court, avoiding possible jail time."

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I don't think the Aussie shows are selling too well. The first Sydney show is advertised as supposedly being 'sold out', but you can still buy tickets for it...? And I don't think the second show is selling very well either.

And it's a damn shame too, because they're playing MUCH smaller venues this time, and tickets sold really quickly last time they came here and played at much bigger capacity venues. Go figure... I guess people just aren't that interested in them anymore.

I don't really like Libertad, but I'm going because it's still Slash, Duff & Matt up there, and I know they'll put on a good show!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think its also the lack of marketing...like I dunno about in Sydney but here in Melbourne I've heard jack shit about this tour...if i wasn't a forum goer i wouldnt even know about it...

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
BurningHills wrote:

Haha - Visa denials?

More like the shows weren't selling for shit and they didn't want to go over there and be embarrassed.

It's over. Done. Finito.

STP reunion by this time next year - bet on it.

I think you're right. Come the January & the bringing in of the new year this band is done.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

WOW...thats fucked up...well weiland has multiple criminal offenses and has served jail time so thats prolly why hmm crazy, sucks for japanese fans hoping to see them sad

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Fingerprinting is the reason I'll never visit America again, so yeah, that could be it too.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Fingerprinting is the reason I'll never visit America again, so yeah, that could be it too.

Right... fingerprinting... and of course DNA testing, eyewitnesses, and that damn bank surveillance camera 22

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Right... fingerprinting... and of course DNA testing, eyewitnesses, and that damn bank surveillance camera 22

You're the one with the cop dad, right? 18

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

No, I'm not sure who that is.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

No, I'm not sure who that is.

If I wasn't on the list before I sure am now.

Board footer