You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: GNR tribute band on Letterman? I doubt it!

faldor wrote:

I just checked the guests for the upcoming week and on the day the GNR cover band is on, Katie Couric is the ONLY guest.  I'm not insinuating anything, just posing the question.  Is Katie Couric THAT big a deal that she'll get 2 or even 3 segments as the only guest on the show?  I mean, I can't imagine the band playing more than one song.

All other days have 2 guests, along with the various tribute bands, except for Friday.  No guests listed for Friday, just the James Brown tribute band.  Again, that's a little puzzling.

Monday, November 17
Emma Thompson (Last Chance Harvey)
Fox Attack Survivor Michelle Felicetta
Purple Reign (Prince Tribute Band)

Tuesday, November 18
Carla Bruni (CD, "Comme si de rien n'était")
"Jungle" Jack Hanna
The Cold Hard Cash (Johnny Cash Tribute Band)

Wednesday, November 19
Katie Couric (CBS Evening News)
Mr. Brownstone (Guns N' Roses Tribute Band)

Thursday, November 20
Stephen Colbert (A Colbert Christmas: The Greatest Gift of All!)
Kristen Stewart (Twilight)
Super Diamond (Neil Diamond Tribute Band)

Friday, November 21
The Allstarz (James Brown Tribute Band)

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

It sure doesn't make sense. A tribute band on one of the largest late shows the weekend before the Axl Rose comeback? I can't see the band not being involved in some way here. And if this is what we think it is that means a new guitarist is likely to be introduced. The chips are all falling in the right places. Robin was just removed from myspace, meaning they consider him gone and have at least contemplated a replacement.

faldor

faldor wrote:

I checked the schedule for Leno this week and he has 3 guests every night except Friday.  The only guest on that night, Scott Weiland.  Once again, is Scott Weiland big enough to be the ONLY guest?  I guess he'll do an interview AND play a song.  The interview may be interesting, although Leno sucks as an interviewer.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

It sure doesn't make sense. A tribute band on one of the largest late shows the weekend before the Axl Rose comeback? I can't see the band not being involved in some way here. And if this is what we think it is that means a new guitarist is likely to be introduced. The chips are all falling in the right places. Robin was just removed from myspace, meaning they consider him gone and have at least contemplated a replacement.

think you are readin too much into this.. this "gnr" isnt at all commercially driven like other bands.. Nothing but silence is all you`ll get from them and they certainly wont be so cheesy to appear during some tribute week..thats even assuming there is a band at all, i mean i dont even think there will be a tour.. axls done his thing, game over
I`ll eat slash`s hat if they do

(im goin to regret this)

faldor

faldor wrote:

I doubt very much they'll be on the show.  I honestly can't envision Axl doing any of the late night shows.  You can't interview him for 10 minutes after all this time, it just wouldn't do him justice.  He's more likely to do a radio interview.  I could see them maybe doing Kimmel on that outdoor stage where they could play a mini set.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
mickronson wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

think you are readin too much into this.. this "gnr" isnt at all commercially driven like other bands.. Nothing but silence is all you`ll get from them and they certainly wont be so cheesy to appear during some tribute week..thats even assuming there is a band at all, i mean i dont even think there will be a tour.. axls done his thing, game over
I`ll eat slash`s hat if they do

(im goin to regret this)

The biggest argument is that Letterman would never make a spot for a tribute band since there's no marketing value in it. Managers are dying to get a gig on multi million show like that, it's not like they can't fill the spot. It makes no sense financially, and I don't even think they'd be allowed to do it by the network.

Board footer