You are not logged in. Please register or login.

justbill
 Rep: 16 

Re: When will it leak? *It Leaked*

justbill wrote:
mcalldp wrote:
highend88 wrote:

OH MY GOD!!!! THIS I LOVE IS AMAZING...

You know, a lot of people like this song and I am glad you do too but I think this is actually my least favorite so far. The line, "I'd still have to try" is rushed and the lyrics are the worst sappy/rhyme-every-single-line that's I've ever heard.

There are some parts that are brilliant and I do like the song, just compared to the others this is at the bottom of the list for me and I hate to say it's all due to the vocal performance.

I feel bad saying this as everyone seems to love it but that's the way I feel. A good solid song that could have been great, even amazing but a few bad parts in the vocals and horrible lyrics (IMO) take it down a few notches-

(Flame Suit On)

Yeah, I'm not a "huge" fan of this song as well, not sure what the big deal is. But hey, no offense to those who like the song. It'll take sometime for me to get into...

JordanRose
 Rep: 6 

JordanRose wrote:

I couldn't disagree more about the TIL lyrics. A cliche isn't a cliche when it's completely and obviously sincere.

I can completely relate to the way Axl has seemingly obsessed over Seymour for so long. I know how it feels to believe more than anything that nobody could mean as much to you as this one person who doesn't feel the same. Some people have endless relationships and get married multiple times, for others, people like Axl and myself, the breakdown of one such relationship.marriage is enough to mess you up bad, but to go through it again has a permanent emotional effect on you; you're never quite the same again.

This I Love isn't like some Tim Rice/Jon Bon Jovi made to order, by the numbers love ballad with cliched, empty platitudes; Axl means every single line in the song with every fibre of his being.

Before I'd heard the song once, when I read the lyrics, I knew it was going to be great because I related intensely to them, the same was I do to Twat, IRS, The Blues and Prostitute.

If you don't get/like it, you have to realise that when he sings 'I'd search the universe and find mysrlf in her eyes', he hasn't just knocked those words off like some session writer making a record for Britney Spears. There are times of emotional extremes when such sentiments are the absolute truth.

highend88
 Rep: 2 

highend88 wrote:

I don't know how to explain, this song just moved me...
It really touch my heart.. I cried listening to this because the song itself is full with emotion... Axl sang so beautiful and the vocal is very clear in my opinion..

Listen to the lyrics and you will understand what he's trying to explain to us after all these years...

By the way, all the songs on CD are awesome except Rhiad...

BUT THIS...THIS I LOVE... This is DA BOMB...
This is the song that I will keep listening 10 years from now.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

lets get a start on that search now....

100 bucks for Checkmate!!!

justbill
 Rep: 16 

justbill wrote:
deadsouth wrote:

lets get a start on that search now....

100 bucks for Checkmate!!!

Wow, that would be sweet if someone gave out this track... Insane.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
mcalldp wrote:
highend88 wrote:

OH MY GOD!!!! THIS I LOVE IS AMAZING...

You know, a lot of people like this song and I am glad you do too but I think this is actually my least favorite so far. The line, "I'd still have to try" is rushed and the lyrics are the worst sappy/rhyme-every-single-line that's I've ever heard.

There are some parts that are brilliant and I do like the song, just compared to the others this is at the bottom of the list for me and I hate to say it's all due to the vocal performance.

I feel bad saying this as everyone seems to love it but that's the way I feel. A good solid song that could have been great, even amazing but a few bad parts in the vocals and horrible lyrics (IMO) take it down a few notches-

(Flame Suit On)

Lotsa people hate it.

I'm undecided - more meh hmm  than beh sad

I like piano songs - its alright, dust in the wind, various Axl solos - I love em. This song doesnt really do much for me though, I think its ok, nothing more. Cant believe some people think this is the greatest song of all time, cause it aint.

Dont really like the guitar solo either, all those years available to work on it and thats the final cut? Its not awful by any means but jeez, the song is crying out for something memorable, and it just doesnt sound like an inspired effort.

mcalldp
 Rep: 1 

mcalldp wrote:

I understand the emotion behind it. I 'get' that part and that's one reason it's a good song but the lyrics could have given the same message while substituting out words here and there and the rushed lines etc.. stand out like a bad vocal take put on beautiful music. The saving grace for me is the emotion carried throughout-  I guess we just disagree on the lyric thing...... more power to you though, I am glad it's da bomb for you!

JordanRose
 Rep: 6 

JordanRose wrote:

Now, the new lyrics at the end of SoD, I reckon it's really really obvious how they've been pasted in: Axl sounds quite different in the new parts, and he could well have been 8 years older when he did them, and they also just sound different in terms of the recording of the vocal.

I don't like them. The whole point of the last four wordless lines to me is that words can't express what he's trying to convey, just screams of anguish. When you stick in a line like 'What's I tell ya?' it trivialises that.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:
highend88 wrote:

By the way, all the songs on CD are awesome except Rhiad...

BUT THIS...THIS I LOVE... This is DA BOMB...

I think you'll find Riad has had more critical acclaim than TIL so far tongue

Long may it continue, I'm a sucker for the underdog 22

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

I dont like the extra lyrics on SOD either, It kills the moment when you are screaming into the hairbrush in the morning.

Board footer