You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: When will it leak? *It Leaked*

Olorin wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

It's a fuckin' comedy. Those that cared the most and stood by the band for all these years, decades, are the ones ending up being burned. And we have nobody else to blame but ourselves. (Yeah, yeah, blame Axl Bono, he didn't force you wink )

I dont feel burned.
I feel like we experienced something very unusual and special, I dont regret one leak or live show I downloaded.
The first I actually heard new gnr was in 2001 when I tracked down a backstreet record shop in the city who had a RIR 3 bootleg on cd. I never had the internet and relied on magazines and newspapers for information.
The old man who owned the place was curious himself and he played the first few songs over the shop sound system. There were lots of people in there, it had a tattoo parlour and computer game section, everyone was listening and blown away by Axls scream during the intro.
I wanted to hear a new song Madagascar I'd read about, he put that on and it was incredible, it sounded so good, the whole shop was bobbing their heads along with it and thought it was quite brilliant.
£20 I paid for that bootleg, thats about $40.

Thats just one moment of enjoyment over the years.
There has been quite a few- hearing The Blues demo after being in love with it for years, that was so magical and much more enjoyable than the album version.

I pity the fools who missed out on the real treats over the years.
I dont regret anything, its been a lot of fun.

I forgot buying End Of Days in 99, that was killer 9

Sky Dog wrote:
JordanRose wrote:
mcalldp wrote:
JordanRose wrote:

If there's one thing that every fan, critic and hater should be able to agree on it's that Axl has just jumped up a hell of a lot higher in the list of all time greatest singers.

Until you get to TIL  13

I completely respect your opinion and think it's great that every loves different songs, but I can't fathom how you don't like TIL's vocals. They are absolutely wrought with emotion; the really long 'goodbye' at the end absolutely killed me the first time I heard it.  And the first verse, the way he goes from that beautiful new clean lower register straight up into a rougher high register is just perfect to me.

I agree 100%. Cheers.:beer:

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

The druming on some tracks fucking own. Shacklers and IRS to name two of em. I dig the vocals on This I Love. I have no complaints on the vocals really for any song.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

Now that the final versions out, i wonder how many demos of unreleased songs there are. We know a 99 and a 2002 (Boston Promos) copy exist, and possibly a 2004/05. im sure the song list changed year to year, and demos were made. I wonder if the hoarders have them.

Sky Dog wrote:

alright, gotta say it, I hate the fact that Shacklers is on the album....can't stand the song officially now. The ONLY song on the album I don't like and it kills me. The perfect setup for this record was Chinese going in to Better. I have mutliple minor quibbles, but in the end I really like the record and the flow of the tracklist. This will bug me forever like Anything Goes and Think About You bug me....sorry to any Shacklers fans and Downliner!

Sky Dog wrote:
Dadud wrote:

Now that the final versions out, i wonder how many demos of unreleased songs there are. We know a 99 and a 2002 (Boston Promos) copy exist, and possibly a 2004/05. im sure the song list changed year to year, and demos were made. I wonder if the hoarders have them.

there are literally probably hundreds of demos of different song ideas.....Axl probably has them.:peace:

wady
 Rep: 2 

wady wrote:
madagas wrote:

alright, gotta say it, I hate the fact that Shacklers is on the album....can't stand the song officially now. The ONLY song on the album I don't like and it kills me. The perfect setup for this record was Chinese going in to Better. I have mutliple minor quibbles, but in the end I really like the record and the flow of the tracklist. This will bug me forever like Anything Goes and Think About You bug me....sorry to any Shacklers fans and Downliner!

Well, as Axl once said, there are something for eveyone on it. True!
Personally I really like Shacklers, it's one of the better tracks. But I could definitely live without "If The World". At least the album version is greater than that leaked version of it. By the way, what happend to "Checkmate"?, I really hoped that that song would have been on CD. The few seconds I heard of it sounded really cool.

wady

wady wrote:

Hmm, Scraped sounds a bit like "Oh My God". Parts of it.

NickNasty2009

Initial thoughts (after about 1.5 listens)

The Amazing: 'This I Love'---wow. If that doesn't tug at your heart than you're an awful bastard.

The Good: Axl's vocals, great lyrics, the added guitar work and percussion that fills out the previously leaked demos.

The Bad: Pro Tools overkill--way too much unnecessary orchestration and vocal overlays. Dumping Brian May off Catcher.

Worth the Wait: Yes

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

Well I've now heard Chinese Democracy in its entirety, and in the order it was meant to be heard...

Not perfect, but no art is. It's a beautiful progression..

A chapter of someone's life, laid out before us to envisage..

And yes, I've had too many cold ones!

Thank you W Axl Rose....

Good Night!

Board footer