You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ricardo
 Rep: 0 

Re: Come on! Chinese Democracy! WAKE UP WORLD!

Ricardo wrote:

Let's creat a new geneartion of rock...
Let's change this world...
lets go back to 1986!!:rock:

Sex Drugs n Rock n' roll!!!

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

This record doesn't reflect sex, drugs, and rock n' roll. The music isn't good enough to change the world and the band aren't the right group of people to do so. But I do really enjoy the record.

Ricardo
 Rep: 0 

Ricardo wrote:

i know... i just want to go back to 1986... remember the  old times of guns n' roses.
And of course.. the band needs the right people to do this job... change the world...
i just want to give some enthusiasm for fans...

sorry about the bad english...

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Ricardo wrote:

i know... i just want to go back to 1986... remember the  old times of guns n' roses.
And of course.. the band needs the right people to do this job... change the world...
i just want to give some enthusiasm for fans...

sorry about the bad english...

Thing is is that it ain't 1986 anymore.  And even if you reunited the 5 guys that wrote and played AFD, they still couldn't even come close to creating something that is even slightly similar to AFD.  They got older, they ain't those hungry angry kids anymore.  Some of them have kids, Some of them have compoletely cleaned up their act and don't drink or do drugs anymore.  Their perspective on life has changed, they are more mature.  If the original lineup got back together, you'd probably get a mixture of CD and VR.  I ain't saying Axl can't conquer the world again, but he'll have to find another way this time around.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

I think the hunger would be there if they got into the same room and wanted to create something to bring the rock world to it's knees.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

Axl has a way easier chance at conquering the world because if he stuck to UYI stuff, it appeals to a huge demographic. Together, GNR could rule the world no problem, if it was like the old days where the different feels of all the members pulled everything into sonic bliss. Separated, the efforts of Axl are too muddled and overdone and VR doesn't have strong lyrics nor an evolved music style. I still like VR and new GNR, but combined all the members compromising really made everything right. Slash kept Axl in check, Axl kept Slash in check.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I think the hunger would be there if they got into the same room and wanted to create something to bring the rock world to it's knees.

It wouldn't be the same.  Back then they all lived together in a shitty apartment and barely could eat.  Now they're all rich, they've grown up, they don't see things like they did back then.  I ain't saying they couldn't make a good record.  But they could never make anything that would come close to AFD.  Not in terms of emotion anyways.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Brett wrote:

Axl has a way easier chance at conquering the world because if he stuck to UYI stuff, it appeals to a huge demographic. Together, GNR could rule the world no problem, if it was like the old days where the different feels of all the members pulled everything into sonic bliss. Separated, the efforts of Axl are too muddled and overdone and VR doesn't have strong lyrics nor an evolved music style. I still like VR and new GNR, but combined all the members compromising really made everything right. Slash kept Axl in check, Axl kept Slash in check.

Oh for sure they would create good music.  No doubt about it.  But the raw energy would be way different if there at all.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

Well nothing like AFD is for sure but the hunger and desire I think would be there. With the way rock sounds now a days a new AFD wouldn't be needed to make a statement.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Well nothing like AFD is for sure but the hunger and desire I think would be there. With the way rock sounds now a days a new AFD wouldn't be needed to make a statement.

Well that ain't saying much BLS.  A Spaghetti Incident would be more than enough today as long as it would be original material.  14

Edit: Hell even Def Leppard are releasing better music than most new artists these days.  19

Board footer