You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Chiense Democracy Chart Position thread

BLS-Pride wrote:

RUN FOR THE ROSES: The unprecedented Sunday release of Guns N’ Roses’ Geffen album Chinese Democracy as a Best Buy exclusive is causing havoc on the sales charts, making the guesstimate process even more of a crapshoot than usual. After yesterday’s first-day sales, which include a reported 25k downloads at iTunes, first-week sales prognostications are ranging anywhere from 300-500k. We’ll keep you posted as the week goes on, as this number is bound to fluctuate. Thanks to a recent controversial SoundScan ruling about counting digital sales, Chinese Democracy will not debut on tomorrow’s chart, but the following Tuesday, Dec. 2. (11/24p)

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Somehow in Woolworths this morning on the day of release it was 19....

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

It wasn't on the local HMV charts today.  I asked the girl at the till if she noticed how it was selling since yesterday and she said "I haven't seen anyone buy it yet. I thought people would be going crazy for it but they're not"  That's just her though right. Just a  fluke that she hasn't rung one in yet. I don't see it selling well around here at all. There's zero excitment for this thing around here.  I'd say anything more than 500 000 would be wicked no?  I'm not expecting 900 000 - 1 000 000 in week one. Maybe I'll be wrong.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:

From an MTV article. 

"a spokesperson for Geffen told MTV News that first-day sales figures for Chinese Democracy will not be reported to Nielsen SoundScan until November 30, the same day West's label will report his week-one sales" 

I wonder why that is?

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:

Bragging rights?

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:

It gives GNR's first week an extra 2 days on all other albums deputing on the charts next week. That should help them get the #1 spot for sure.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

charts dont mean much, in the grand scheme..
they didnt like gnr when they first appeared either..

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

And now the album is #2 on iTunes behind Kanye. Not shocking.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
mickronson wrote:

charts dont mean much, in the grand scheme..
they didnt like gnr when they first appeared either..

tell that to everyone who ever mentions the fact UYI1 and UYI2 debut at #1 and #2. the only band in history to do that. True they dont' mean much but it's  nice feather in their cap for sure.

Board footer