You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Problems ripping cd's

PaSnow wrote:

Oddly enough I can't rip this on my PC. I had the same problem with Metallica?!  I'm just trying to put it onto my phones memory card so I can listen with headphones while at the gym. Is anyone good with this stuff?  My PC is only 2 years old & I tried gettting the newest version of Windows Media Player. No luck.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

in windows media player you should be able to just click the middle button at the top and it'll take you to the ripping section,,,go thorugh the options and pick bitrate, format..etc etc pretty straight forward

alternatively you could head to www.download.com and look for a shareware program for ripping music

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:

What kind of problem are you having?  Ending up with no data at all?  Or do the tracks have noise in them?

Have you tried any other discs?  Depending on what the problem is, it's possible that maybe your drive is starting to go bad or maybe is just dirty.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:
PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Sorry everyone, I should have been more clear. I click 'Start Rip' and get an error message saying "Media Player could not rip one or more of the tracks." I think it has to with the copy protection on it, but I'm not sure. I've burned a few cd's before, & put video to DVD, so I'm pretty sure the burner isn't bad. I really think it's a copyright thing. I checked yahoo answers, didn't see much.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

I can rip it with Windows Media Player with no problem.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Thanks GnFnRAxl.. 16 16 So you're implying it's an operator error, aren't you?!

j/k

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:
mickronson wrote:

Excellent (and free) ripper!  I also recommend dbpoweramp:
http://www.dbpoweramp.com/download.htm

Both use AccurateRip to help ensure that your data is perfect.

PaSnow wrote:

I really think it's a copyright thing. I checked yahoo answers, didn't see much.

I did a bit of Googling, but can't find anything that says that either disc has copy protection.  I don't have the Metallica yet, but I know I was able to rip ChiDem without any problems.

Edit to add:  Just thought of one more thing.  Check out where the files are being saved to.  One time I got errors but it wasn't that it couldn't rip, but that my Hard Disk was full and it couldn't save.  If you're writing to an external drive, make sure it's connected.

If you haven't yet, try ripping another disk (prefereably one you've ripped before) to see if it's just those 2 discs or all discs.

Board footer