You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: A Question About The "KARMA RULES" Topic...

AtariLegend wrote:

So what did I and  Buzzsaw actually do wrong... ?

Every single one of smites was retaliatory, I've only one in my final smite given him negative karma for anything other countlessly smiting me.

DoubleTalkinJive you Pm'd me and told me to stop, so I stopped even though at the time the smite ratio was  2:1 on his side... so within a few hours of you telling me this he'd smited me another 3 times...

So I PMd you to say it isn't over... So since nothing was getting done about it, I then re-summed smiting him back... Only when he smited me.

So look at the karma log, who has smited who more times and what where their reasons given for doing so.

This isn't about me asking a question to Waldo this is me asking a question to the Admins...

What did me or Buzzsaw do wrong, and hell in Buzzsaws there are people who smited BBA twice as much as him, and they weren't for retaliatory reasons, Buzzsaw even gave karma to BBA when on a few of those occasions.

I thank you that you stopped.   The actual problem is it becomes a back and forth thing and never stops.

The karma is supposed to be a nice perk to have on the board not a constant, constant problem.   I can see getting back at someone but this case it just never stops.

Had any of you stopped and really let one person [could be anybody] that is a smiter, keep on smiting aside from the first back and forth, then that person that is constantly getting smited has more of a leg to stand on and we can actually do something, instead of he smited me for this and he smited me for that and then the other person says, well he smited me for this and he smited me for that - that is what the staff has to listen to and it's becoming constant and make both parties in the wrong and not one person stand in any better light then the other person.

Putting up the rules may have been a bit premature but even that wasn't listened to the first couple hours it was up.   So now the smiting feature has been disabled indefinitely.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

We allowed ourselves to get sucked into something we should have let go - you with the karma war and me with the thread.  I'll leave it at that to avoid instigating a response.

In short, we were justified in what we did, but that doesn't make it right.

Board footer