You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: The Star Wars Thread *NO SPOILERS ALLOWED!*

Neemo wrote:

I've recently experienced a resurgence in my Star Wars fanatasism

i recently purchased the prequel trilogy online for $30 for 6 disks

i watched everything! even the special features and man i muist say Lucas is a genious,,,i wasnt overly fond of the prequels before but after watching them again they are fucking brilliant!

and the people that made those films a reality need to be commended for their fantastic work...did anyone know that there are points in episodes 2 and 3 where some characters are fully rendered and not really people? i was in shock when i was watching these documentaries on the bonus disks

and the lightsaber duels in 1, 2 and 3 are amazing...especially the obiwan/darth vader one in epi 3 11

additionally the new clone wars cartoon is really good stuff 9

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

when episode 3 came out i would put it on par with chinese democracy as far as the anticipation. it was one of the most memorable moments of my life. i was at the midnight debut with my son and it was everything i had hoped for. i take long breaks in between but i'll go on a month or more of watching all 6. so cool to have grown up on episode 4,5 and 6 then have my son grow up on 1,2 and 3. what a magical experience for my son and i.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Can't stand the "new" trilogy...

Old one's are classics though. Each to their own

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I loved the original star wars trilogy.  As for the prequels - Episode one was a complete kids movie for me (I was in the Jar Jar binks hate fan club too.  Jesus just me thinking of him accidentally dropping that spanner into the pod racer or whather it was, was so childish and lame!!! - then I suppose so was some of the ewok battle in Return of the Jedi).  No.'s II & III were much better films though.

I gotta say my biggest gripe with the prequels was the overuse of special effects particurly the overuse of computer generated characters.  Give me an actor in a storm troopers uniform hitting his head walking through a door any day over all the fake shit.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Aussie wrote:

As for the prequels - Episode one was a complete kids movie for me

I disagree...my kid is petrified of Darth Maul..I never had a problem with Jar Jar like most people do

but the lightsaber duel at the end of I is kickass....Ray Park is amazing 9

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I can sit through all of them, but 1 and 2 I mostly just mock as I watch them. They're bad movies. They rely so heavily on CGI and special effects that the characters and stories are either very shallow (Ep 1) or nearly incomprehensible (Ep 2). Even Ep 3 is not on par with the original trilogy.

I would've enjoyed it more if they cut down on the action scenes (Podracing in Ep 1, in Ep 2 there's the chase of the bounty thru Coruscant, the factory scene with Anakin and the droids, and the Coliseum  fight - none of which are very well done or important) and spent more time explaining the story of the war, causes, and ideologies that were clashing.

But that's just me. I don't bother with the cartoon series, the movie trailer was awful and it got awful reviews so I've avoided the whole thing.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

I saw the Robot Chicken Star Wars specials again this weekend.  Any Star Wars fan who hasn't seen them should check them out.

I would say check them out even if you hate Robot Chicken, but I love it, so I might be biased.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

The Clone Wars movie I actually liked. My son, 6, loves the Clone Wars series. It is quite good.

The action figures they are releasing now are absolutely kickass too. Better than the ones I had as a kid. Actually, all my Star Wars figures are now with my son. Elliot loves them.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

yeah i liked the clonewars movie too bri...though i brought my 4yo daughter too see it with me and it was too much for her....too long

but i caught myself wishing it woulda been live action...

I for one think Ewan mcGregor was an amazing ObiWan

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I for one think Ewan mcGregor was an amazing ObiWan

Totally agree.

My favorite part of Revenge of the Sith was watching Ewan McGregor play Alec Guinness, down to his mannerisms, the pace of his speech, and everything.  It was fantastic.

Board footer