You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Re: Reason Axl Rose not promoting album?

Acquiesce wrote:
mickronson wrote:

so when its even released, axl still hasnt finished tweaking it.. amazing

I don't think he will ever be satisfied with it.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

a con of many pros and cons to a collaberation like this.....

more diversity = pro
less unity = con

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

It's also easy to say that the final mix wasn't how you wanted it.  That way if the album tanks you can try and blame others for it.  That has occured for so long though, that tactic simply won't wash anymore.  That said I also believe him that it probably was finally taken out of his hands when he still wasn't happy with it.  I don't believe he was ever gonna be happy with it.

Unfortunately a different mix whilst could it could improve some songs, it's not going to make a material difference to his predicament.  For some reason the public ain't buying the album, perhaps they don't think it's really a GN'R album, they don't care for the music etc etc???  More time mixing it won't change public perception.

jppgnr
 Rep: 18 

jppgnr wrote:
Aussie wrote:

For some reason the public ain't buying the album, perhaps they don't think it's really a GN'R album, they don't care for the music etc etc???

People allways say that, and i disagree, it's not that they dont think it's a gnr album, it's just that they simply dont care about gnr anymore.
When you have artists like Kanye, beyonce, 50 cent ruling the charts, wtf did you expect?

Its allmost a miracle that CD sold 300k, and in the end that doesnt matter, as long as we the fans are happy with it (and i am very happy) who gives a crap what everyone else thinks?

i'm sorry if my english sucks, im from argentina

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
jppgnr wrote:
Aussie wrote:

For some reason the public ain't buying the album, perhaps they don't think it's really a GN'R album, they don't care for the music etc etc???

People allways say that, and i disagree, it's not that they dont think it's a gnr album, it's just that they simply dont care about gnr anymore.
When you have artists like Kanye, beyonce, 50 cent ruling the charts, wtf did you expect?

Its allmost a miracle that CD sold 300k, and in the end that doesnt matter, as long as we the fans are happy with it (and i am very happy) who gives a crap what everyone else thinks?

No way. Not a chance in hell. If Slash was all over this thing and it was common knowldege this was a true Guns N' Roses album it'd be selling much better. the world may not go apeshit over Gn'R anymore but people do still care about real Guns N' Roses. You mean to say the world doesn't care about Gn'R but they do care about Metallica and AC/DC? They're all kind of in the same boat as far as nostalgic appeal goes.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

how many cd`s has greatest hits sold out of interest.. its there, in the shops again, in plain view.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Bono wrote:
jppgnr wrote:
Aussie wrote:

No way. Not a chance in hell. If Slash was all over this thing and it was common knowldege this was a true Guns N' Roses album it'd be selling much better. the world may not go apeshit over Gn'R anymore but people do still care about real Guns N' Roses. You mean to say the world doesn't care about Gn'R but they do care about Metallica and AC/DC? They're all kind of in the same boat as far as nostalgic appeal goes.

I agree and nothing would be bigger than the original band getting back together. It would right all the wrongs in the world. People would eat that shit up like candy.

jppgnr
 Rep: 18 

jppgnr wrote:

Yeah thats what i say, i mean, neither metallica or ac/dc went on a 15 years hiatus.

C'mon gnr as only a 7 year career: 87-94(not to disrespect the actual band wich i love), while acdc has a 30plus year career, metallica 20+ years with touring and the release of new music.

GnR is just not that important right now.

Oh, and slash is as dead to the public eye or even more than gnr is.
Nobody else gives a crap if slash is in gnr other than slash fans.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Dude the public cares about Slash. Guitar Hero III and countless other shit has kept him in the public eye. A reunited GNR would make the past CD tours look like complete trash. If and when old GNR gets back together people will be reminded of their power.

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:

Too busy suing Dr. Pepper?  It really bothers me that *that* is what we're hearing about right now...

Board footer