You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Re: AXL Posting on GNR Forums!

Tommie wrote:

...the interview is still going on.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Very cool of Axl to do this. I have said it for years, all it takes is the occasional small gesture to prevent the seeds of resentment being sown.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:
TheMole wrote:

He's more open to questions than I'd expected. Would love for him to come over here and chat with us. I guess it would be slightly more fluent then on those big sites smile

I think if Axl does come by to talk with us, many of you will be surprised at how open and nice he is.  I met and talked to him last year in Tokyo and what struck me more than anything was how genuine and friendly he was.  Certainly not the jackass that the media make him out to be.

But obviously, he's also a guy who speaks his mind, and some people can't handle that.  I think he'd fit right in with us here. smile

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

he said goodnight. i guess that was it. pretty surreal to be honest.

unfortunately it was a bit chaotic with people posting a lot of stupid questions, but hey, what can you do?

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Damn it - the spamming of the threads over there with ridiculous questions doesnt help getting good info and Axl was happy to talk.  You post and then it gets lost with ridiculous questions like "do you like Coke or Pepsi Axl?"  He was ready to answer this question:

Axl
Someone give me a list of all the alleged song titles at once and I'll tell what's real or not. Most from the past like cockroach soup or eulogy aren't.

Me (care of Neemo's bit in the discog)
Zodiac / Checkmate?
We were lying
Closing in on you
Hearts Get Killed
Something always
Zip it
Friend or Foe
No love remains
Suckerpunched
Down by the ocean
Motormouth
Cock-o-roach soup
Quick Song
Atlas Shrugged
Ides of March
The General
Seven

Unfortunately no reply.  Really cool he chatted for so long and was so open though.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:

Well, Aussie, at the end of his last post there, he did say:

Dexter wrote:

And Checkmate is a bogus title.

The working title is Jackie Chan. cool

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

i've put everything together here to make it a little easier: http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=5578

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

He confirmed another album which will be out same time next year at the earliest, wonder if they will use Best Buy lol.

I wonder what he meant by saying he "considered Chinese Democracy a double album"? It would be sweet if part 2 came out early next year.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I see some panick-back-paddling at other forums.

Goddamnit, I've been voicing an opinion lately but I won't back-paddle. I've been supporting and promoting this for so long I have the right to say what I mean. It's WAY to easy to take it all back and kiss ass. Man, talk about having no balls at all. Even if I'm 100% talking bullshit and intervening in things I don't know shit about, I'm still entitled. I've never been stepping over any line either. I knew fans would do that in case of something like this, but my God. Haha!!

That's what I like with this forum. Even somewhat negative at times, I've never seen such intellectual posts with knowledge on any other GNR forum. If Axl got any sense with reality, he will see that as well. Cheers and welcome Axl and I wish for people to behave accordingly.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

I decided to take a bit of a break the last week or so from the GN'R quagmire, it was all getting a bit depressing. Supporting your favourite rock band shouldnt be such a miserable experience.
I was a little suprised to see this mornings turn of events, but not hugely. The backlash was gaining more and more ground and it wouldnt have been long until the media started picking up on it and made up some negative headlines.
Some move had to be made to quell the uprising, it was nice personal touch and he did give some interesting honest responces.
I hope Axl takes the batton and runs with it now, because giving a little means a lot to so many people across the globe, and by doing so he reduces the pressure on himself as people wont be so quick to attack him.

Its a pity he posts at HTGTH after I vowed not to use that place for anything other than pm's with friends, cause I would like to ask him a question or 2 as well.

Reading this smug comment from jarmo made my blood boil:

"Does the whining about the errors  in the booklet seem kinda pointless now?"

Karma for KillingVector for pulling the cunt up on his idiotic statement.

Board footer