You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

Re: Questions for Axl if he visits GN'R Evolution

ereeper wrote:

I've got unlimited long distance on my plan, but like I said I'm going out of town to Indy this weekend for the Colts game and won't be back until late Sunday.  If it happened after that,  I would volunteer to help spread the word.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
ereeper wrote:

I've got unlimited long distance on my plan, but like I said I'm going out of town to Indy this weekend for the Colts game and won't be back until late Sunday.  If it happened after that,  I would volunteer to help spread the word.

unlimited international long distance calling? tongue 19

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

1) What is your favorite guitar solo from the album and what is the story behind it.

2) Buckethead was a major driving force in most of the demos we heard, and most of his solos were fantastic. Why was he replaced on songs like Shackler's and Riad (no ill feelings as i love both Ron and buckets guitar work just curious)

3) Who's overall idea was it to make Catcher a more energetic song rather than the somber song we heard in demo form? (love the final version)

ereeper

ereeper wrote:

Did I mention it was Americans only???  Going to hide under a rock now...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Dadud

Dadud wrote:

When are we going to hear that re-recorded Appitite For Destruction? And have you listened to the band Bang Camaro?

Edit: Also, any plans to release some of the unreleased demos from the 86-95 Era? or would that bring up a ton of legal issues?

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

OK, I'm still dubstruck this has actually happened. Awesome for him to do. OK, here are some questions I can think of, not really related to music. Quite a few - mods feel free to pick any if he 'pops up' and I'm not around, I would love just one answer!

What albums are you waiting for? ;-)

Outside of touring, have you travelled the world and if so what have you learnt from your experiences? Where was your favorite place? Have you had the opportunity to talk to people who don't know you as Axl the rock star? Did this change your outlook on life?

I seem to remember you visited China a while back with the band (is this correct?). Was this before or after you decided on the name the album? When was the moment that 'Chinese Democracy' came into your head as the title? And did you have any other names?

Do you still collect crucifixes? What is it about them that draws you to them? And was wearing them upside down a statement?

What are your favorite musical scores? Would you be interested in writing one and if so, what type of movie would most interest you. Maybe you would like to direct a movie aka Rob Zombie?

Alive or dead, who are the 5 people you'd most like to share a dinner party with (I know this is kinda tacky!)

Obviously you have one of the most recognisable and distinct voices on the planet? Do you have to practice hard to keep it up, and do you see your voice changing in the next few years?

Are you in music for life and what could you see yourself doing when you're older if you want to continue?

What is the best advice anyone gave you?

What music do you HATE?

Was there ever a time previously when Chinese Democracy came close to release? If so why was the plug pulled?

Putting aside all of your history for a minute, could we ever see an official release of 'Live at the Ritz' or the 'Use Your Illusion' movie that was intended for cinema release? Or the Its So Easy promo Video? I really feel the official Live at Tokyo vids never really captured the essence of the old band.

Cheers, Axl!

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

i know it's a slim chance we'll see axl around here but i have only one question:

why did the negotiations with bumblefoot in 2004 stopped and why was he brought on board in 2006 so late? were there other guitar players being considered for the spot?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

What of Bucket's material first turned you on to him and made you decide he was fit for GNR?

Board footer