You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Anna
 Rep: 8 

Re: Favorite foreign films

Anna wrote:

Tae Guk Gi : The Brotherhood of War
The Coast Guard
Curse of the Golden Flower
House of Flying Daggers
Red Cliff
The Warlords

Anna
 Rep: 8 

Anna wrote:

"2046" with Tony Leung Chiu Wai and Zhang Ziyi
"Letters from Iwo Jima" (I love this movie)
"Memoirs of a Geisha"
both of those movies have Ken Watanbe in them.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Any recommendations on foreign horror films? I have not watched any in several years.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

There was a Swedish one called "Let the right one come in". I'm just translating from the Swedish title so don't know if that's the name in English.

The usual vampire stuff, but pretty well done. Not at all like the American style.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

polluxlm wrote:

There was a Swedish one called "Let the right one come in". I'm just translating from the Swedish title so don't know if that's the name in English.

The usual vampire stuff, but pretty well done. Not at all like the American style.

The remake ain't half bad either.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I recommend a Spanish horror movie, "REC." It's a pretty solid horror movie with found footage. Also Jet Li's Hero which is a pure action adventure set in medieval China. I watched a Japanese horror flick awhile back with some friends that I think is called, "Reincarnation" made by Toho. You can probably find it on DVD somewhere.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

I recommend a Spanish horror movie, "REC." It's a pretty solid horror movie with found footage.

I had a headache after watching this.  I think it was with all the handheld footage.

AtariLegend wrote:

Not fond of the rise of handheld/found footage films (AKA no budget outside of marketing/maximum profit films). How on earth did this become a whole genre after The Blair Witch Project? It wasn't exactly a classic.

There was apparently at least 12 of them scheduled for release in 2015 sad.

-edit-

18 were released last year.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Not fond of the rise of handheld/found footage films (AKA no budget outside of marketing/maximum profit films). How on earth did this become a whole genre after The Blair Witch Project? It wasn't exactly a classic.

There was apparently at least 12 of them scheduled for release in 2015 sad.

-edit-

18 were released last year.

Not a classic, but a hell of an investment!

It's the 2000s version of Friday the 13th. Cheap productions netting you millions at little cost.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

The remake ain't half bad either.

The remake was incredible. The 21st century Natalie Portman got famous from this film.

Still haven't watched the original and hadn't even thought of it until Polluxlm mentioned it. Gonna download it and watch it this week.

Board footer