You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Bullet for my Valentine singer says Axl Rose is stuck in 1992

Mikkamakka wrote:
russtcb wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

I guess he means that Axl is acting like he'd be the same huge rock star he used to be.

Axl has the legacy behind him.  So in essence he most certianly his a huge rockstar.   How can one argue that.   He isn't Jani Lane or Bret Michaels, he is Axl Rose and that name alone holds alot of clout.  When he comes out on that stage and you look up at him, it's amazing.

Exactly.

While we're on the subject, I'd like to mention how funny it is to me that these guys always seem really upset about not meeting Axl. So much so that they have to attempt to insult him in interviews over it.

I agree that these guys are talantless, but I'm afraid Axl is a bit overrating his importance and relevance. It's not 1992 anymore, he really should know that. (And not even 1987.)

Mikkamakka wrote:

I'm afraid Axl is a bit overrating his importance and relevance. It's not 1992 anymore, he really should know that. (And not even 1987.)

how is he overrating himself?

Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

classy.  first he says he never met him and then he insults him like he does.    those guys have NOTHING on GnR and never will.

They have nothing on the original band or Axl Rose.  They can easily compete with the resumes of the rest of the band.

not really sure why you're making it an old vs. new thing, I just meant GnR in general, 1985 to the present.

but anyways, I think thats pretty fuckd up of BFMV to talk shit like this when they should be kissing Axl's ass for giving them the opportunity to open those shows.

Absolutely!!!  They have to realize that they aren't a big name band, maybe now more because of the shows they opened more people will recognize the name but I never heard of them before Hammerstein.
Would it have been nice to meet Axl sure, but it didn't happen, so be it, they opened for them, they got publicity and because of that, they should be thankful for that alone, not exactly easy to get gigs like that for a band like them.

DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

They have nothing on the original band or Axl Rose.  They can easily compete with the resumes of the rest of the band.

not really sure why you're making it an old vs. new thing, I just meant GnR in general, 1985 to the present.

but anyways, I think thats pretty fuckd up of BFMV to talk shit like this when they should be kissing Axl's ass for giving them the opportunity to open those shows.

Absolutely!!!  They have to realize that they aren't a big name band, maybe now more because of the shows they opened more people will recognize the name but I never heard of them before Hammerstein.
Would it have been nice to meet Axl sure, but it didn't happen, so be it, they opened for them, they got publicity and because of that, they should be thankful for that alone, not exactly easy to get gigs like that for a band like them.

for a screamo/metal/hardcore whatever they call that stuff group, they are growing in popularity.     but much of it is thanks to opening up for bands like GnR and Metallica.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

I'm afraid Axl is a bit overrating his importance and relevance. It's not 1992 anymore, he really should know that. (And not even 1987.)

how is he overrating himself?

He acts like the whole world would want him and wait for him, while only a few thousand people care.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Who?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

russtcb wrote:

I don't understand what Axl's importance has to do with him not meeting/hanging out with people from the opening act.

and besides, maybe BFMV were just douchebags because he went to the strip club with CKY in 2002.

Sky Dog wrote:

maybe they were just a bunch of assclowns that he didn't want to hang out with....:butt: ungrateful pricks, they were god awful at the Hammerstein shows.

madagas wrote:

maybe they were just a bunch of assclowns that he didn't want to hang out with....:butt: ungrateful pricks, they were god awful at the Hammerstein shows.

Not my kind of music, it was like torture waiting for GNR at the Hammerstein shows  14

Board footer