You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Download Uproar: Record Industry Goes After Personal Use

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

This is such bullshit.

I am amazed that they have stooped to this level.   They must have some deal with Itunes/or the Window equivalent to Itunes that allows them to search peoples personal music files or how would they know how many songs you have on your personal comp.   How would the person have all the receipts to prove that those songs weren't downloaded illegally?   At any rate, it's absolutely horseshit that they are now saying people aren't allowed to copy cd's that were bought.   In the age of Ipods now, you have to do that to get it on the ipod.   So now ipods are illegal?   I guess you could delete the songs once uploaded to the ipod but all you need is the plug to download them onto someone elses comp. 

What they should do if they really wanted to stop this, it would suck for us but they should do with official DVD's do and make a code that doesn't allow you to download it but even then some people can get around that.   

This is a huge problem and understood that they have in some ways embraced it with being able to buy albums off Itunes but then again, now how can buying albums off Itunes not be illegal but buying cd's and burning them into your Itunes is.   Makes no fucking sense.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Its easy to get into someones personal computer. A talented hacker can get access to all your personal info and whats on your hard drive just by having your IP, and a lame proxy isn't gonna save people. The proxy still shows a signal at your computer.

If they want to fuck people and have the people who know how to do it, its possible. Doing it to people who they want to buy their product will backfire of course.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

wow....so someone buys an album and they cant transfer it to their ipod? doesnt sound right to me, now we are supposed to buy the album and the itunes release? this is not what i had in mind when i said they need to be creative in marketing music 17

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

RIAA = Weyland-Yutani

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:

Wow - you don't get much more fucked up than this.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

They are just grasping for straws.  They are losing their grip on any chance of saving themselves, so they are desperately trying anything to keep them relative.

I'm surprised someone hasn't tried to claim public domain on them yet.  The music is everywhere, not just online.  Why don't they go after companies that produce radios with a tape deck that can record off the radio?  If someone is playing their radio too loud, are they going to charge you for being able to hear it?  What about if you have a splitter for your MP3 player headphone jack?  When we go to concerts, will there be an additional RIAA fee because almost all the songs you hear were recorded before you hear them?  At some point, the rediculousness has to stop.

Board footer