You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: ASHBA: When You Come To A GnR Show, You Know There's A Danger Element

misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:
misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

CD for the most part, sounds like generic Nu Metal with really awesome guitar solos.

Nothing special about any riff on that entire album.

Sorry, read this and nearly tore my ball sack laughing. Not only did you not just describe every Sixx Am record (save the awesome guitar solos), but it's the total opposite of CD.

If Robin was so amazing, why did Trent use him as a touring guitarist but not a songwriter? Anybody?

Because Trent writes his own stuff.

If Robin sucks so bad why did Trent and Axl want him on their records and tours?

And for the record, Nu Metal is all about riffs and minimal to no solos. So by your own description of CD its nowhere near Nu Metal.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

If by "danger" DJ means spitting up in the air and then swallowing it on the way back down, then yes they're totally dangerous.

johndivney wrote:
Cramer wrote:

If by "danger" DJ means spitting up in the air and then swallowing it on the way back down, then yes they're totally dangerous.

heh - just like i said, "& really you can see his preppy cliched "showmanship" in any halfway respectable punk band."

dj is bad news
draining out what little left there is of GnR's credibility gig-by-gig inane tweet by asinine fb swag plug. he needs to be dropped from this line-up asap.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

CD for the most part, sounds like generic Nu Metal with really awesome guitar solos.

And for the record, Nu Metal is all about riffs and minimal to no solos. So by your own description of CD its nowhere near Nu Metal.

Ummm.... by his own admission he said it sounds like nu-metal WITH some awesome guitar solos.  Pretty obvious what he's saying.

Anyways when I read the title of this thread I rolled my eyes but that wasn't a bad interview by DJ really.  Although I got a kick out of this.

On GUNS N' ROSES' next album:

"I think everybody's main focus is on putting out the ultimate GUNS N' ROSES record."

Yeah..... someone might wanna have him listen to an album called Appetite for Destruction. Released in 1987.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

DJ is the best thing in Guns N' Roses today, besides Axl.

Thought it before last night, BELIEVE IT the day after.

Love the guy more

Lomax wrote:

^^^ Agreed. there are som many Sixx AM Songs I wish were GNR tunes instead. Help is on the way for instance or heart failure. He's awesome.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

Ummm.... by his own admission he said it sounds like nu-metal WITH some awesome guitar solos.  Pretty obvious what he's saying.

He's said many, many times there were no riffs on CD. He might have revised that recently when it was brought to his attention that there were some riffs. But the lack of riffs goes against the whole NuMetal sound. Not only that, I've asked him many times in the past, when he's made the same comparison, what NuMetal album sounds like CD, which he has never answered.

And I just thought he was admitting there were awesome solos on CD.

Lomax wrote:

Nu-meatal is early Linkin Park n Limp Bizkit. Without that funk/rap element its not nu-metal simple as that.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

DJ is the best thing in Guns N' Roses today, besides Axl.

Thought it before last night, BELIEVE IT the day after.

Love the guy more

Exactly the way I saw it last year. DJ is the man. Great performer, great song writer. Best thing to happen to GNR since Bucket came into the studio.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Totally fuckin' agree on that statement.

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

He's said many, many times there were no riffs on CD. He might have revised that recently when it was brought to his attention that there were some riffs. But the lack of riffs goes against the whole NuMetal sound. Not only that, I've asked him many times in the past, when he's made the same comparison, what NuMetal album sounds like CD, which he has never answered.

And I just thought he was admitting there were awesome solos on CD.

When I remixed the album there were some amazing riff's that I think Richard did, but it could've been Paul (not sure). But they were great riff's, especially on Scraped. Problem is, they were BURIED in the mix on the final album.

Not sure why. hmm

Board footer