You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: American Horror Story

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

My second, and I believe stronger theory is that the asylum is some sort of limbo between heaven and hell after you die. Seems like everyone there would've had some reason to be dead. Whether it's a victim of a war crime, having been punished for committing the war crimes, being gay (possibly through anti-gay violence), being a killer, wrongly accused of being a killer, etc.

I was leaning towards a purgatory twist as well but the way the Anne Frank thing was handled, I don't think so. IMO she wouldn't have left the asylum(even temporarily) if the series was going in that direction.

I don't like the alien subplot but I do believe it will be the season's trump card.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Kim Thayil's Beard wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

My second, and I believe stronger theory is that the asylum is some sort of limbo between heaven and hell after you die. Seems like everyone there would've had some reason to be dead. Whether it's a victim of a war crime, having been punished for committing the war crimes, being gay (possibly through anti-gay violence), being a killer, wrongly accused of being a killer, etc.

I was leaning towards a purgatory twist as well but the way the Anne Frank thing was handled, I don't think so. IMO she wouldn't have left the asylum(even temporarily) if the series was going in that direction.

I don't like the alien subplot but I do believe it will be the season's trump card.

I'm all for a spaceship or purgatory twist as the real Asylum or escape for the main cast as long they don't LOST the ending and it comes out very effective. Cause that purgatory twist was b.s. Me and my family were pissed to say the least. 16 Utter cop out. I loved the different changes in perspective and camera angles in the last episode to give it that retro feel. Also Quinto is great with the psychopath role. He seemed to bring something new with it which was quite twisted, horrific and entertaining. Hopefully it tops Sylar which he is most famous for. Want to see some resolution with 2012 Bloody Face situations and how it ties with everything else going on.

As for the alien subplot, They are starting to get interesting with it. From the constant tidbits of it appearing in the last few episodes. We all know now that it's not in Kit's head. Thank God! Since Grace and Sister Jude have experienced it in brief moments. Even Dr. Arden with the chip. Another theory of mine since Murphy announced that Frances Conroy (the maid from season 1) and Dylan would return for maybe a cameo or two during this season. I believe Frances will appear as a nun coming into the asylum who is actually one of the main alien leaders. Since Murphy hinted as Frances's role as the ultimate angel from an article I read and other websites.

Also you got to look back to the teasers and even the promo art for the Asylum series. It's a white nun figure with black eyes. Alien perhaps? Since it shows up in the teasers with regular nuns walking around with the demented and dark situations. Since Rubberman was the main ad character for Season's 1 promos. As for Dylan he could show as a detective walking around being possibly an alien warning the main cast on what's really happening towards the end. Just a few thoughts that I have been going through while keeping the thoughts from you guys as well. It would make sense or it could just be a walk on cameo with no real purpose.

Me_Wise_Magic

Glad they are building up some of the supporting cast this past episode. Would of liked to see more of the main. Quinto is the man with his role. I was wondering if you guys want to discuss or wait a few more episodes. Some of the opinions I posted earlier may of changed after this episode and what I saw for the preview of the next.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

Of course! At the end of the episode, then went back to the current time when cops are investigating the strange murders that have happened to Levine's character, his wife, and the BF impostors. Someone calls in over the phone and it may be Quinto who is still alive around this time or someone else who took up the mantel. I couldn't quite catch the tone of voice. Might have to re-watch that last part.

Alot of people on the internet are thinking it's Dylan McDermott's voice since his cameo hasn't been pointed out yet in the season. It's a strong possibility that Lana gave birth to a son in some stick twisted way by BF's demands for more of a family I guess.

Just want to know how Kit's going to get out of prison. Are the aliens finally going to step in to help or will that be a set up towards later in the season? Since he is one of the lead characters.  Same with Grace's situation.  It may bring everything together.  Any other thoughts or theories you guys have?

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

This episode threw a ton at the audience. Loved Frances's guest spot as the angel of death. It's hard to say what's going to happen to Kit and some of the other characters. You know after Frances's role within this episode, I'm starting to lean towards more of Russ's theory where it will end up a purgatory type of place; but with my theory that they are watched over by aliens disguised as nuns or angels. Kind of rolling my eyes for the next episode since there will be another killer running around the asylum dressed up as Santa. ughh...! Please make it work and then get to the actual plot points that need to be gone through. I want this season to kick ass and have a powerful ending that makes everything worth it. These random characters showing up need to have purpose and not just a killer of the week if they only last a episode. 17  I want to see if it's actually aliens and see more of the backstory of the main cast and give them more personality. At the end of the episode, I saw a little weird flash towards the end. You may want to look at it my friends or it could of just been a simple transition. Could Grace be taken up to Heaven or another place, perhaps?

They are making Jude and Lana's characters great. (JUST GIVE JESSICA LANGE ALL THE AWARDS, DAMMIT) Same with Devil Sister Mary too.  Would of liked to see a little more for Kit & Arden's character development, hopefully the next 2 episodes will do that. I'm just hoping they don't leave all these details until the very end.

Who I am kidding? I'm tuning in no matter what. 16

Thoughts?

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Stacey wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

...my theory that they are watched over by aliens disguised as nuns or angels....
They are making Jude and Lana's characters great. (JUST GIVE JESSICA LANGE ALL THE AWARDS, DAMMIT) Same with Devil Sister Mary too.  Would of liked to see a little more for Kit & Arden's character development, hopefully the next 2 episodes will do that. I'm just hoping they don't leave all these details until the very end.

Who I am kidding? I'm tuning in no matter what. 16

Thoughts?

I'm hope I'm right in thinking the "aliens" thing is off base. I hate when Hollywood tries to stretch things too far. I don't think aliens have a place in this story. I hadn't thought of the purgatory thing as valid until last night when the Angel of Death was there. Now I'm on board.

What do you mean you saw a little flash toward the end with Grace? I will check it out again tonight but want to make sure I know what to look for.

Jude's character is great. Last night when she was confused, I felt so bad for her. Lana is just. Wow. Poor Lana. Sister Mary Eunice makes me want to jump through the TV and choke her out. I could deal with seeing more of Kit to find out what happens to him after the end of last night's episode, but Arden I can take or leave, especially with the PI dead and if his story is not directly tied to the Anne Frank character, I just don't care.

I'm almost okay with them leaving all the details until the end. I like a suspenseful and resolving final episode smile

Me_Wise_Magic

For the flash at the end. It was like a blue and white little flash when Grace and Death disappear at the last few seconds of the episode then it cuts to the end credits or something. Plus Grace's body is gone. Did they get taken up to a better place?  It probably was nothing; but just a fade out transition. Or something else? yikes It may of just been my eyes playing tricks. I agree with you that I wish they hadn't used aliens for this season with so many other things going on in the plot; but now I think they could pull it off if used wisely towards the end. Kim made a post earlier that they could use it as a trump card which I'll stand by that idea. Or it could be in everyone's head this whole time. Since we all saw what Kit saw with the aliens in the first episode and Jude saw an image of one; but she could be batshit crazy. Plus Kit is supposed to be one of the main leads and protagonists from previous comments of producers switching things around.  Since Evan played the sympathetic villain last time; so Kit is probably one of the heroes like Lana and maybe Jude. Hard to tell right now.

The one thing I wish they would of hold off of was zombies or raspers or whatever they're called in this setting. Since that could be used as it's own monster in the next season and they technically used a living dead and ghost concept for season 1 with the exception of the zombies speaking and thinking with human logic like the kids Tate shot in that Halloween episode saga. They just seem kind of useless right now in the plot just adding a little more tension and showing how Arden is an ass for making people into mutant zombies with no real purpose other than experimentation, research, and torture. I apologize for some of my ramblings; I just love that someone made this thread. Just want some answers these next few episodes.

Hopefully you & Russ are enjoying the show thus far!

One more point. Here's an interesting article.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11/29/ameri … exclusive/

Board footer