You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: 4 (probably 3) Monster albums of 2008

PaSnow wrote:

Well, word is that U2, Metallica, Green Day & GnR (NOT!) might release albums this year. Anyone care to discuss/predict them??

I'm really pulling for Metallica, I know they'll take a turn in some way, maybe more rock/classic rock style. Hopefully it's solid, most definitely will be better than St. Anger. U2 really needs to take a turn, which is something they're good at when needed (Achtung Baby, All that you can't leave behind). Hopefully they're right on the money with this one. I think they'll take a slowed down approach, with catchy hooks or something. Alot of 'One' Beautiful Day & Mysterious Ways style. Green Day, I dunno, I think it'll be hard for them to top American Idiot. That was kinda like their 'Quadrophenia' They certainly cannot go back to 4 chord punk, so we'll see. Oddly enough I think Rick Rubin is producing ALL of these albums (i think). So they should be solid. Lastly CD, honestly I don't think it'll come out.

Who knows, maybe some other big names like PJ & RHCP might drop an album too. Here's to '08 5

I'm defnitely intrigued by the new Metallica.   It has to be better than St. Anger anyways.    Can't get excited about U2 (hate them) and Green Day I'll just wait and see how it sounds before getting pumped.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Bono mentioned in late 06 that the next U2 album would have a "harder edge", although I'm sure alot has changed since then. They have been pretty damn quiet regarding this album, but I am definitely looking forward to it.

If this band pulls another Achtung Baby out of its hat and once again redefines itself, its time for people to start seriously considering them one of THE greatest bands in history.

It will be the biggest selling album of 08. You can take that to the bank.

I'm also looking forward to Metallica's album, but I'm trying to not get my hopes up for it. I would rather be pleasantly surprised.

I was never a Green Day fan.

I also don't think CD will come out this year either.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I can't wait for the new Metallica album. I'm in their fan club, and their next fan club mag is supposedly filled with lots and lots of first-hand info about the new album, as they've been very quiet about it so far.

Hopefully CD comes out, but I still have my doubts...

And hopefully Slash puts out that new solo cd of his too, I think I'd much prefer that than another boring VR album (like Libertad)

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Eminem will be huge too...maybe not for gnr fans but media wise it will be a monster...prolly biggest album of the year

I'm looking forward to see what metallica does...but i'm not rushing out and buying it like i did with st anger, i'll dl it first then buy if its decent

I imagine i'll get the Greenday album cuz my wife loves them

I wont be getting U2, and before we talk gnr releasing somethign lets let the year unfold a bit 16

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

there was a big thing up here on Much Music (Canada's MTV) about him recently that talekd alot about the new album....he seems really refreshed after his little break here. i think it said he was recording in LA though...but i'm not sure

i'm kinda looking forward to it was well

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I'd so love to see AC/DC bow out with an absolute rocker of an album and tour. They deserve it, their contribution to rock n' roll is awesome.

As for Metallica, I know this probably wouldn't be popular, but I'd prefer either a really raw album (aka Kill em All or Ride the Lightning) or a modern version of And Justice For All. They've done their rock bit on Load and Unload.

I'm looking forward to the new Opeth Album too.

Board footer