You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: About a Reunion...

Sky Dog wrote:

watch this .....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9caGXrc … re=related

vs this....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh-RFYsZ7e0

that's what we would get.....personally, I want it left as is. However, VH was my first hard rock love and Gnr my second so I am a bit predujiced towards original Diamond and old school Ax.

discuss...very similar situations as Axl and Dave are definitely different compared to their prime but still captivating at the same time.:peace:

and Axl and Dave are from Indiana...pretty cool.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

man, that's not even fair! 16

I think there's a bit of stability with GN'R right now. I'm just afraid a reunion wouldn't make it out the door, or it would end up really, really badly.

If they perform at the HOF it would say a lot. Would I take one awesome show or an unstable full reunion attempt? I'd take the show... Right now. Plus, I want to see what this line up can do.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I personally doubt a reunion will happen for years if at all.

Slash has just finished the new solo album, and GNR seems more functional than in years and is gearing up for a new tour, and I'd guess an album to follow in due course. Maybe I'm wrong, I just see no harbingers of a reunion.

So as for what would it be like?

Well...on one hand Slash has a much more restrained stage presence since his GNR days. The running jumps and so on I think don't go with his pacemaker...but he makes up for it with improved chops. In my opinion during Slash's recent tour - he's musically playing superior to ever before. The recent "Live in Stoke" performance sees him playing his hits including the GNR songs in far better musical form than the GNR tokyo dvds or most other shows.

Then there's Axl. To be honest, I'm worried his voice would be the weak link in a reunion show. Sometimes he still brings it. If you listen to TWAT in Tokyo in 2009 he hits those epic screams in the middle with such power that it's incredible. If he came out in that kind of form with modern slash then to quote Dloc Brown "You'll see some serious shit". But then, and sorry for negativity, I havn't seen that kind of form yet on the 2011/12 tour. The iclip shows are great, especially the second, and I love them, but there's obvious vocal issues in places. However, Axl's come back from that before - the 2002 tour had similar vocal concerns and he subsequentely sounded better in 2006 and 2009 - so it's possible it's something that comes and goes, or maybe even that he can adjust in certain conditions.

Anyhow - in terms of if a reunion show will be any good i think it comes down to that and how much resolution they find with each other. If Slash is uncomftorable he won't play as well (look at the VR reunion - not half as good on the same songs as he's been playing them with Myles).

So i think it would come down to:

1. Have Axl and Slash actually made friends enough that slash can channel emotion on stage like he does and be relaxed enough to shine.

and

2. Will Axl's voice be in 2002 /2012 mode or 2006 / 2009 mode.

Those are the make or break factors if I'm honest.

But then I also think as cool as it would be...maybe it's best to just enjoy what we have. Let modern GNR bring out a cool album with some DJ Riffs and Axl singing high parts his voice can do these days (like IRS/TWAT) - let Slash bring out some good shit with myles.

Maybe they could guest one day on a track or something. But a full blown reunion just doesn't seem realistic to me.

I think a reunion would be cool, but I am not worrying about that. It seems Slash and Axl are doing just fine as it is now, they both seem to be happy with what they're doing now, and seeing them happy is better than seeing them miserable. That's my opinion on the current state of things.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

I want new things and I just dont see Axl and Slash getting back together and doing anything that would be, sound and feel new.
People cOmplain GNR as it is feels like a nostalgia act... What they expect from a reunion?

I really do hope a reunion never happens (except for the rrhof)... If it does and they tour together I'll lose the (ever erupting) respect I still have for Axl.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Good lord what the fuck was that in those clips?

I'm not a VH fan and thought the first clip was pretty bland.
Then I click the other one and what appears to be a androgyny guy with fighting sticks and a Micheal Jackson mouth piece is singing it. It's the same guy, but holy shit to the whole experience of watching that.

No one is expecting things to be the same, fine, but there's no excuse here.

Sky Dog wrote:

he he...got a chuckle out of that DCK....

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Uh no

GNR reunion would be WAY better as GNR are a much better overall band/performers etc.

Sky Dog wrote:

well, Axl does blow Dave away...and they don't have an Izzy or Duff. But, and this is no slag on Slash, Eddie and him are pretty even in the Rock God universe.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

yeah but Slash has more "presence" on stage in my opinion than Eddie. Not slagging on Eddie's ability but Slash looks cool even if he just stands there. He has never relied on big time acrobatics etc.

Duff would out energy Wolfie, Axl of course way more bad ass than DLR and his Britney microphone.

Board footer