You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: All Original GUNS Members Will Be At ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME

Interesting, I still find it hard to beleive it's not being discussed, I bet behind the scenes people are working over time on this one.

So Gilby, Dizzy and Matt will be there as well apparently? Not that I begrudge them being there, they've all played their role but if touring musicians from 92/93 get to be there where do we draw the line? There's a strong case for people like BH and Finck to be at the GNR table if Gilby gets to be there.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I thought it was confirmed that it was just the original 5 and Matt and Dizzy who played on the Illusions, I think this guy reporting has got muddled.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Interesting, I still find it hard to beleive it's not being discussed, I bet behind the scenes people are working over time on this one.

So Gilby, Dizzy and Matt will be there as well apparently? Not that I begrudge them being there, they've all played their role but if touring musicians from 92/93 get to be there where do we draw the line? There's a strong case for people like BH and Finck to be at the GNR table if Gilby gets to be there.

Quite simple. You draw the line at touring musicians from 1992-1993 and those who recorded on Gn'R albums durring the height of their popularity. You do NOT include post 1994 members at all.  there is NOT a strong case to be made for anyone post 1994. Nobody post 1994 contibuted to the legacy that is responsible for Gn'R being inducted. BH and Finck have fuck all to do with why they are being inducted. Sure Gilby, Dizzy and Matt don't have as much to do with it as the original 5 but they have much more to do with it than post 1994 members do because post 1994 members have NOTHING whatsoever to do with it.   As much as some of you want to believe it the FACT is CD and those who recorded on it has no impact on the RRHOF induction. It played no part. END OF STORY.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Bono wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Quite simple. You draw the line at touring musicians from 1992-1993 and those who recorded on Gn'R albums durring the height of their popularity. You do NOT include post 1994 members at all.  there is NOT a strong case to be made for anyone post 1994. Nobody post 1994 contibuted to the legacy that is responsible for Gn'R being inducted. BH and Finck have fuck all to do with why they are being inducted. Sure Gilby, Dizzy and Matt don't have as much to do with it as the original 5 but they have much more to do with it than post 1994 members do because post 1994 members have NOTHING whatsoever to do with it.   As much as some of you want to believe it the FACT is CD and those who recorded on it has no impact on the RRHOF induction. It played no part. END OF STORY.

Totally agree mate

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Bono, a backlash is unlikely. Axl is a nostalgia act no matter who is in the lineup so a reunion isn't going to ruin the current lineup. Theres nothing to be ruined. Had the supposed vision of 3 albums, massive touring, & moving on happened then I'd agree

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Bono wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

You can bold as many words as you want i still think a guitarist who plays and wrote on a whole album of original material still trumps a two year touring guitarist who has not a single original gnr note to his name.

For the record i'm playing devils advocate more than anything, i dont think for a minute Finck should be sat at the GNR hall of fame induction. However my point above still stands, if Gilby can be there then there's a case for Finck et al.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Thread title should mention that this is coming from Dizzy. He's so full of shit on all things related to Axl Rose that I think everyone should take this "report" with a huge grain of salt.

Sky Dog wrote:

If Gilby is inducted, I am going to fly to Cleveland and go Postal...NO, I REPEAT "NO" HIRED HANDS SHOULD GO IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ARGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....NO MATT, GILBY, DIZZY....bullshit. You can't draw the line. The Allman Brothers were in the same boat and they chose just the original lineup in 1995. Dizzy, Matt and Gilby have no fucking writing credits under the Gnr banner from 87-93...obviously the only period that counts. NOTHING. They were the fucking definition of studio musicians and fill in live players. Fuck me if Gilby gets in.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled program and Happy Valentine's Day!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I wouldn't blow a gasket if Sorum & Dizzy were inducted but 1993-2012 is irrelevant in GNR history & none of those members belong.

Sky Dog wrote:

fuckin hundreds of bands have member changes, side guitar and piano players in a live setting and a studio setting. It is COMPLETELY ridiculous that Matt-Dizzy-Gilby would even be considered. Really, it pisses me off to no end. Then, to make things worse, we have to deal with the Axl/Slash CRAP one more time. Good chance they fuck the whole thing up for everybody. god damn, I would just like one night of peace so we can all close the door on 20 years of wasted talent.

Board footer