You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: All Original GUNS Members Will Be At ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME

James wrote:

I draw the line at the 1991 lineup. Sorum & Dizzy have no credits but that 91 lineup destroyed everything in their path & no one came close to that.

This does make you realize what a waste of time the post 93 era really was.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Sorum maybe but Dizzy didn't write a note on UYI so NO

Sky Dog wrote:

meh...you know what, I am resigning myself to lurking in the Gnr section until this RRHOF thing or some type of new music is played/stolen/released whatever. I am at a boiling point with this shit. Like Killingvector said, we are treading water. I am happy that Axl is having fun and is actually out kicking up dust. But, the same old tired arguments are wearing thin.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I wouldn't blow a gasket if Sorum & Dizzy were inducted but 1993-2012 is irrelevant in GNR history & none of those members belong.

This.  Nothing post 1993 means a damn thing when it comes to this. Having said that it's not ridiculous to suggest those who participated during the 1987-1993 time frame be inducted. You can make the arguement for and against Matt, Dizzy and Gilby but anyone who thinks there's a legit argument to be made for members post 1993 are seriously delluded by their own fanboyism.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I wouldn't blow a gasket if Sorum & Dizzy were inducted but 1993-2012 is irrelevant in GNR history & none of those members belong.

This.  Nothing post 1993 means a damn thing when it comes to this. Having said that it's not ridiculous to suggest those who participated during the 1987-1993 time frame be inducted. You can make the arguement for and against Matt, Dizzy and Gilby but anyone who thinks there's a legit argument to be made for members post 1993 are seriously delluded by their own fanboyism.

Agree, though Bucket deserves to get in on his own merit outside of GN'R. Best guitarist on the planet.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

coool that they will all be there...a performance would be amazing....but i'd settle with a handhshake or a hug between axl and slash...would be cool to see a pic of the 5 of them together

i would be ok either way with matt, dizzy, gilby being inducted ... the "new band" i dunno...will be interesting to see how it shakes out though

-D-

-D- wrote:

Im not gonna settle

If u are all attending.. Fucking MAN up and play.

Go all the way or fuck off.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:

Im not gonna settle

If u are all attending.. Fucking MAN up and play.

Go all the way or fuck off.

Who said anything about settling? Axl and Slash haven't been in the same room in nearly 20 years. That's a huge deal in and of itself, if it even happens. At the moment I'm thinking Dizzy is full of shit just like all the garbage he says about Axl's plans to put out new music.

-D-

-D- wrote:

I dont know.. i just think its kinda silly when u really think about it.  Grow up and give the people what they deserve and what u OWE them.

Sick of this shit.  U would think they murdered one another's child or something.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:

I dont know.. i just think its kinda silly when u really think about it.  Grow up and give the people what they deserve and what u OWE them.

Sick of this shit.  U would think they murdered one another's child or something.

Axl's mental problems are probably the biggest obstacle. The guy is batshit crazy. Once he decides he hates something, that's all she wrote...

Board footer