You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: All Original GUNS Members Will Be At ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

well.. maybe i was wrong about that.

i think for a few songs, he could really break out the vocal power.

I have no doubt he could, and they could put on an "acceptable" performance without much rehearsal.  But in HIS mind, if it was great, people would be clamoring for more.  The new lineup doesn't get enough respect, mostly due to Axl's inability to push them forward.  So any performance by the originals would demean them. 

My thing is though, what is there to demean exactly?  Sure they're playing great and getting good reviews, but it's not like they sold out arenas on their recent US trek.  This lineup is what it is, and it's never going to be as big as the previous incarnations.  And that's FINE.  But all parties have to come to grips with that.  Playing a song or two with Slash and company isn't going to diminish whatever momentum the current lineup has built up.  Because as much as I hate to admit it, the momentum isn't all that great.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

well.. maybe i was wrong about that.

i think for a few songs, he could really break out the vocal power.

I have no doubt he could, and they could put on an "acceptable" performance without much rehearsal.  But in HIS mind, if it was great, people would be clamoring for more.  The new lineup doesn't get enough respect, mostly due to Axl's inability to push them forward.  So any performance by the originals would demean them. 

My thing is though, what is there to demean exactly?  Sure they're playing great and getting good reviews, but it's not like they sold out arenas on their recent US trek.  This lineup is what it is, and it's never going to be as big as the previous incarnations.  And that's FINE.  But all parties have to come to grips with that.  Playing a song or two with Slash and company isn't going to diminish whatever momentum the current lineup has built up.  Because as much as I hate to admit it, the momentum isn't all that great.

Momentum? What momentum? 16

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

yeah but cmon.. Axl has to know these guys aren't the old band.

U think this band right now would make RRHOF? no fucking chance

always laugh at people on HTGTH

its like u are disrespecting the new band by loving or saying old band is better..

WELL considering They are one of the 10 greatest rock bands of all time.... it isn't demeaning at all to say the new band isn't on the old band's level cause not many are.

Hell, i love Bon Jovi, but if i say they aren't on The Beatles level.. that doesn't diminish bon Jovi.. u just gotta be honest sometimes.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:

its like u are disrespecting the new band by loving or saying old band is better..

WELL considering They are one of the 10 greatest rock bands of all time.... it isn't demeaning at all to say the new band isn't on the old band's level cause not many are.

Hell, i love Bon Jovi, but if i say they aren't on The Beatles level.. that doesn't diminish bon Jovi.. u just gotta be honest sometimes.

Oh there's a hell of a lot of bands out there better than Bon Jovi, not just the Beatles. tongue 16

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

I think Axl realizes that.  But again, in HIS mind, he feels he was left abandoned to carry on with GNR alone.  When everyone else "quit" he replaced them and soldiered on.  Obviously others don't see it that way, and that frustrates him even more.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

I think Axl realizes that.  But again, in HIS mind, he feels he was left abandoned to carry on with GNR alone.  When everyone else "quit" he replaced them and soldiered on.  Obviously others don't see it that way, and that frustrates him even more.

The fundamental issue is Axl's lack of respect for the contributions of the Appetite guys. When Bonham died, the remaining members of Zeppelin felt it wouldn't be Led Zeppelin without him. And they're fucking right. Most of the world feels the same way about Guns N' Roses, although there is a distorted view where it's all about Slash and Axl. I happen to think the other three also deserve a lot of credit.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:

Oh there's a hell of a lot of bands out there better than Bon Jovi, not just the Beatles. tongue 16

Exactly and just because I love bon Jovi more than those bands.. I am not dumb enough to sit here and say, cause i "LIKE" them more they are "BETTER"

big difference in what u like and what is better.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

In Through The Out Door and Coda isn't Zeppelin either.

It's not who is in the band, it's what you put out under the name. An original lineup couldn't salvage the aforementioned records, and I doubt it would have Snakepit 1 either.

So far Axl is treating the name with as much respect as he can given the situation. Have a band that plays the old hits faithfully, release an album that at least tries to honor the legacy and keeping gnr music away from wal mart commercials and trashy movies. 

I don't think many want him to quit gnr for good.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I don't think many want him to quit gnr for good.

I think you're wrong. There is a reason people continue trashing him for his actions over the years. If he had just started his own solo career when GN'R died in the mid-90's, I think most people would be a bit less critical of him...especially the media.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

I tend to agree with Bono's assessment that he can't win either way. 

Maybe he would get LESS heat by sucking it up and performing with the originals, but he'd still get slammed.  You yourself said he'd get slammed for not looking or sounding good compared to the others.  He can't win, whatever he does.

I think performance wise Axl could pull off a few songs in great fashion to please the world. My thing is I think if he does it the reunion talk will be so loud and the criticism if he goes back to "fake Gn'R" after this will be deafening.

Board footer