You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: All Original GUNS Members Will Be At ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
johndivney wrote:

he made it, didn't ask for it. he wanted it this way, well that's what he gets.

He made it this way? He chose to have some arbitrary "hall of fame" that many agrees means nothing whatsoever, induct GN'R into right in the middle of touring heavily?

He chose to continue using the Guns N' Roses name even though the other members of the band were gone.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Aye after he broke up the band and restarted it asking everyone to be his employees 16

img_7270-medium.jpg

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

He made it this way? He chose to have some arbitrary "hall of fame" that many agrees means nothing whatsoever, induct GN'R into right in the middle of touring heavily?

He chose to continue using the Guns N' Roses name even though the other members of the band were gone.

He chose to keep the Guns N' Roses name for the band he helped start after other people who came along after that decided to quit.

Izzy was there from the start, and got sick of Axl's tyrannical bullshit.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

He chose to keep the Guns N' Roses name for the band he helped start after other people who came along after that decided to quit.

Where did he say that? I thought he was tired of being a rock star?

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Axl was gonna put Izzy on a Salary and that pissed Izzy off.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Where did he say that? I thought he was tired of being a rock star?

Here's a quote from a 2011 interview:

When GNR first started out we were a Blues-RnR band. I digged that. Just pure rock, the way God intended. But during the Illusion sessions, a certain dictative singer decided the direction of the band was changing. Pretty much GNR became WAR. Axl took control which was totally uncool. With the others, I went back to my roots, ya know, with no horn section and backup singers. Just pure, gritty rock.

http://www.mamasfallenangels.com/group/ … st-24-2011

There were a number of things that led to him quitting. Axl's dictatorial behavior was certainly a big part of it. Izzy's sobriety vs. Slash and Duff's addictions would be another big part of it.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
Izzy Stradlin wrote:

FPMN: Of course, rumors are always swirling of a Guns N' Roses reunion. What are your feelings about that? If that ever happened, would you agree to participate in it?
Izzy: Original Guns? I'd love to. It was Tracii, Ole, Axl, Rob, and myself. That was the original GnR lineup.

If that interview is genuine, that's pure gold... 19

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Izzy quit for three reasons:

1. He was sober and the others were not.

"I'd come in for rehearsals for 'Use Your Illusion' and there's one of the guys on the road case with a big line of coke. 'Hey, Iz - you want some coke?' Ah, no thanks, I just got back from my probation officer, you know? To get sober is really [tough] but to do it like that, in a situation where everybody's still using..."

"We'd started out as a garage band and it became like a huge band, which was fine. But everything was so magnified... Drug addictions, personalities... it just became... too much. Plus, my friends, these guys... I'm basically watching them kill themselves. "

2. He was tired of the rockstar bullshit and Axl's moods.

"the shows were completely erratic. I never knew whether we'd be able to finish the show from day-to-day, cos [Axl] would walk off..."

[the 1991 tour was]
"a nightmare." Axl's 'mood swings' had become so regular. "I said to Duff and Slash, we gotta learn a cover song or something, for when [Axl} leaves the stage. They were like, 'Ah, let's have another beer...' They didn't care."

"The control issue just became worse and worse and eventually it filtered down to the band. He was trying to draw up contracts for everybody! And this guy, he's not a Harvard graduate, Axl. He's just a guy, just a little guy, who sings, is talented. But man, he turned into this fucking maniac."

"But he had this power thing where he wanted complete control. And you can say, well, it goes back to your fucked up childhood where his dad used to smack him around, you know, and he had no control, so now he's getting it back. But it's like, it's still kooky, you know?"

3. He was disrespected by being asked to be an employee in a band he founded and in which he was a key songwriter.

"This is right before I left - demoting me to some lower position. They were gonna cut my percentage of royalties down. I was like 'Fuck you! I've been there from day one, why should I do that? Fuck you. I'll go play the Whiskey'. That's what happened. It was utterly insane.""

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

That's your opinion though. I don't see the world trashing him for using the name, only some people on some forums. Many people have accepted the band as GN'R, and a minority of old fans shouldn't dicatate his life.

the vast majority of the world think it's fucking stupid that Axl calls this band Guns N' Roses. That's just the truth. To not acknowledge that this is the overwhelming opinion of the public is just.... well I don't even know what that is. It sounds really shelterd to be honest. And it's incredibly naive to suggest it's only a  handfull of hardcores who don't like it.

Board footer