You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Hologram Performances Discussion

RussTCB wrote:

removed

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

"Live shows" with dead legends is just taking entertainment to the next level. Exciting and innovative.

It does have a wide range of other, more nefarious applications though. Let's just say this isn't the first you've seen of this technology, but it's probably the first time you realize it...

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The first thing I thought of was an Elvis tour like this.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Yeah the issue of who owns your image would be a major concern. And if you get an inventory of legends in that form, would festival tours of them be able to take a lot of money away from current, living artists? I certainly think so. I'd spend less on living acts to see holograms of certain dead legends I've had no chance to see. Over time the inventory and accuracy of the legends will only grow and grow... world tours for living people - that's expensive! Not to mention the greenhouse emissions. Maybe I'm crazy but I think public taste would definitely be honed to this as long-term costs go down. And then music will have lost something it's had for a very long time.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Creepy

Don't like it

Let the man RIP

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I'd love to see a Jimi Hendrix performance with this tech. I understand that alot of people may find it disturbing; but I believe it's keeping an artist's legacy fresh and showing the music they created despite what happened to them.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm calling it now.

The Doors coming to a town near you, very soon.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer