You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Guns N' Roses Live in London (Airing on Vh1 Classic)

johndivney wrote:

21gigs? for mickey mouse axl?!

suck my dick.

far too expensive. could d/l like a thousand p0rno's for that amount.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

The dl finally started for me as well. Nice speed, getting 60mb/s right now.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Watched it again...notice the face/head moves EXACTLY in time with what he's playing.

It's a joygasm expressive guitar face.

Don't think it's related to what Axl's saying at all.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Not sure about that, there's a look when Axl says "I'm trying to do the right thing here" too. Both times he looks in Axl's direction (he's on different parts of the stage during the two looks).

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah...

My take on it was that he did look at Axl when he heard him say for the band to quiet down and "I'm trying to do the right thing here" - but to me that was an "ok..what's going on.." sort of apprehensive look to see what's happening.

To me that would make sense...like if you think about it bumble's mid jam busting out little licks and stuff then in his inner-ear monitor he hears Axl say to tone it down and start talking like there's an issue of some kind. It's pretty natural to glance over to get a read of the situation. Especially with Axl's history 16

But the bit where he's alleged to eye-roll...that seems to be perfectly in time with the lick he plays while doing it....

So my take is that when Axl started talking he glanced over to make sure there's no drama, when he saw Axl was chilled out not angry he  just buried himself in the jam...and that subsequent faces are just guitar based expressions.....

I could be wrong though. That's just the impression I get. I mean if he's cracking the shits it seems odd that he'd do it in time with his guitar part. I mean I know he's musical and all...but a musical tantrum would be pretty special even for Bumble wink

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

If it wasn't for his previous statements I'd absolutely give him the benefit of the doubt too. It's really those that open up the speculation.

He's the most important member in the band outside of Axl, so any sign of unhappiness is bound to get some reaction. Another reason I think he should do his utmost to keep an even keel. This band needs a sense of stability. That's one thing I'll hand Slash, he was always very good at bullshitting for the sake of appearances.

Sky Dog wrote:

Ron isn't important to anything Gnr related...he is a great guy and a great guitar player but I doubt he holds ANY influence over Gnr related stuff. It is not his fault as his heart is in the right place.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Just got to see the first two hours of it today...

It's a tight performance by the band, if you close your eyes it's almost as hearing a studio version in some cases.

Axl, although almost raspless, is not that bad, not 2006 but way better than 2002 and even some performances of 2012. He's almost 2010-ish which is very good.

I can see this being released and getting some praise. It's a consistent performance.

Video wise I don't like the style chosen to the cuts... Lots of "fake too much into it" audience shots, lots of paid models in the front rows rocking too hard to the point that they seem out of place.

If you take this point out of the package, it's a great experience.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Got this on the DVR so I can hear/watch this properly, not on the net.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
Gibbo wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Strange. Mine just says "finding peers" for hours and hours.

I just tryed both still work for me try force start.Did you use the second link or the link russ put up

I don't want to sign up for the GN'R tracker thing just to get it. I may just pass on it and keep the lo-def one I have.

1080 HD version has killer picture and sound quality and is properly mixed with bass and all guitars and no timer. 9

Few bongs and youll think your in disneyland \m/ axl \m/   16

Board footer